corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "How Fast Mister?"

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "How Fast Mister?"
All Torque

User status: Offline
31st Oct 06 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drax
forgetting this thread is from last year..

when i picked up the s13, was in the garage and some chavvies walked past, the ring leader voiced ..

"thats a drift car that is beeeeiii"

SteveW

31st Oct 06 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have had quite a few lil kiddies ask about Thunder

how fast you had it. whats it running.. or the best when i parked up in my local area..

"thats the car with the dumpvalve"

also with my last car quite a few of them asked if my 1 Farad CAP was a small bottle of NOS.. i said yes

*saves trying to explain what a CAP is *
Doug

31st Oct 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they ask me to do a burnout or a wheel spin. I just rev the engine loads then when the lights change or I pull out of the junction just drive ike a granny, they normally start swearing at you
All Torque

31st Oct 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree that revving to fuck then pulling away like an old boy is THE best piss take
deano87

31st Oct 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I feel like revving my 12v hard, and it goes over 4krpm (naughty I know!) it starts whiring and sounds like a turbo ever so slightly - god I wish it was.
RKS

31st Oct 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
also with my last car quite a few of them asked if my 1 Farad CAP was a small bottle of NOS.. i said yes

*saves trying to explain what a CAP is *

I get that all the time, just say that its a power capacitor for the amplifier and they look at me as if i've got 3 heads or something
PaulW

31st Oct 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone asked me if i had a charger on mine, as when its cold, being an auto, it will rev in 1st to about 5.5k regardless, even if driving like a grandad as its some ecu program for cold starts to heat things up quick... but the car always makes a whine like a supercharger above 4k-ish, can hear it from inside the car

someone asked if I had fit a charger to it, and i just said yeah its a tripple-twin charged turbo super conversion...

little 12yr olds thought that was ace

fucking hate working in a garage

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by PaulW]
K3 VMU

31st Oct 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"spin the tires mate" "how fast?" "Got NOS?"

SOOOO true! i get asked if i have Nos all the time as they see the chrome fire extinguisher on the cage

when people ask "how fast?" i always jus say, fast enough !
ShEp

31st Oct 06 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has been uprooted from the depths lol

reminds me though, at the moment we have a group of young vigilante's about 4/5 year olds standing at the barriers next the the traffic lights sayin "spin the wheels"

i actually asked one of them if i should take my tyres off for that kind of proceadure
Scoty B

31st Oct 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
while my dad was backing his mk2 golf GTi out of a parking space some kids asked "nice motor, do ya race?" His answer - "No, I'm a policeman" Worked a treat!

Genius.
pdwhelan

31st Oct 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well i parked in the tesco garage on the A580 and 3 scals in a ford focus pulled next to me, beeped his horn, i ignored him cos i thought he was beeping his mate, he done it again but told me to put my window down, havnt got a clue what he said clearly but it was, how much you want for that "mase" me: im not selling it but how much you wanna give me? lol and then i told him to look at the other side of the car as there is a huge dent in it, he asked me if it was chipped up aswell lol. i was like no but im getting a new engine for it, he then asked me if im chipping that! WTF would i do that to such a slow car!!! then his mates start talking. thats nice that mate how fast does it go, me again: only 100mph but its quick, and then i cant tell if one of the lads was being serious or not but he said,its nice cos its a sport, "it says it on the side" i think he said that. he might be taking the piss cos they are in a new (not so flashy) focus. i just dont get it and they seemed in there 20's to nearly 30's.

this is the side they seen it from, i dont have a picture of it from the dent side.

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by pdwhelan]
Matt L

31st Oct 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv never had any chavs come over to me or say anything to me i feel left out lol.
AndyCorsaSport

31st Oct 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate once picked up some mucky chav girls, and he was showing of on grass, sliding about etc, and the said "Woaaah hes tokyo drifting"

Pissed myself when he told me!!
Matt L

31st Oct 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

31st Oct 06 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went tearing off round the estate behind our house when I was looking for the little shits that stole my valve caps, screamed to a stop next to some kids on bikes, demanded to know if they'd seen anyone or if they knew who it was, but they said no, so started off again.

Saw one of them say something as I moved away, so stuck it in reverse, asked what he said and he goes "Just nice car mate"

Looked very scared of maniac corsa driving man. Poor kid.

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by CorsAsh]
J100RSA

31st Oct 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once got asked if the trumpets for my tb's were 4 dump valves
Rich H

31st Oct 06 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slowly but surely I do fool people into thinking mine is the 1.8 opposed to the 1.2 (still needs a few touches to make it proper SRi spec :lol so its funny when they do ask if its a 1.8 - I don't tend to really answer!

But usually because of my twinport/sewing machine engine, I can say I've had a Toyota engine transplant!!
jammo20

31st Oct 06 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive a 1.8T with recirc dv and i always get "arrh bruv is that a 2litre " or because its recirc so dumps on low boost "that chavvy has a fake dv kit" i reply yea beeyy little twats. I live near drax so i know how he fells lol
All Torque

1st Nov 06 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
once got asked if the trumpets for my tb's were 4 dump valves

The best yet!
All Torque

1st Nov 06 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They always ask if an engine is 'chipped' Like using those eBay resistors

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » "How Fast Mister?" 23 database queries in 0.0115161 seconds