corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » painting alloys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author painting alloys
Patti

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 05 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has ne1 dun this themselves? and how wud i go about it. all help appreciated. cheers
Rileysport

22nd Nov 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of sanding and prep to get any dings out is usually a good place to start.. get this and priming right and you're pretty much there, can't help much coz i just made it up as i went along
Patti

22nd Nov 05 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks 4 that then!
jaygsi

22nd Nov 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate i painted my alloys on my old nova, they where five spoke oz alloys scuffed up quite bad

what you need to do is sand of the top layer, make sure you sand the whole alloy, then get bout 4 tins of primmer a tin per wheel i recommed, i would get the tyres taken of but thats up to you

and then top coat same again, i would also so think bout a lauqer one can should do all four alloys

hope that helps
broster
Premium Member

22nd Nov 05 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your painting them with rattle cans id recommend leaing the tyres on as when the tyres rae being fitted it can chip the paint work
jaygsi

22nd Nov 05 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i did was got the local garage to put 4 new tyres on the alloys but not seal them on or blow them up

then week later when i sprayed them bought them back to have them sealed and blown up and balanced
Rileysport

22nd Nov 05 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
if your painting them with rattle cans id recommend leaing the tyres on as when the tyres rae being fitted it can chip the paint work

amen

New Poll