corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Burning Oil...Plz Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Burning Oil...Plz Help
Nick A

User status: Offline
   4th Dec 05 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a 1.6 corsa b and is burning oil!!!!! every mmorning when starting the car white smoke billows out (almost like fog ) im having to top my levels of oil up regulary (say every 3-4wks, depending on how often i use the car)

head gasket is fine (not the colour of smoke for that), car seems to run fine, so what could be the problem for it doing this (seals :boggle

any help appreciated, thanks
Slammed_Corsa

4th Dec 05 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most likely to be valve stem oils seals. Unfortunately thats a head off job to replace them

What mileage does the engine have?
Nick A

4th Dec 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

61k, was told could be this from the start, but also i have slightly noisey tappets wich need to be done(could this effect it 2) heard the head off way is an exspensive way?

New Poll