corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2ltr turbo info needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2ltr turbo info needed
Daz_C

User status: Offline
27th Dec 05 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
In February I'm gonna be changing my x14xe for a 2lt turbo Fed up with the performance of my corsa sport.
What sort of quarter mile times do you reckon it will get. My bro drives a saxo vts with 160 bhp and runs 14.8's, do you reckon I'll be able to be beat it? top speed? how reliable?
any info appreciated
cheers
timrud_

27th Dec 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deends what you do to it.... standard will be low 14's, modded high 13's...

It will be reliable if you look afterit properly. Mines been great. Just other things on the car that break. You need ot spend more than the ngine is worth on the rest of the car.
Daz_C

27th Dec 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers what have you done to the rest of your car? just wanna make it as reliable as possible.
timrud_

27th Dec 05 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get ready LOL

First off I would not do the conversion using anything other than an F28 box. Clutch wise mine has been fine on a standard item, but will be looking to usea slightly uprated item. No need for a paddle clutch though (but I have one for sale if you want one!)

I used the driveshafts Cossvaux used. Snapped one, but got a free replacement. Obviously Cossvaux are no longer in business, so I'm not sure what you would want to use?

Totally rewired the whole car. I had a major problem with voltage to my fuel pump.

Suspention wise (this is what were working on at the moment), you could spend forever on this. My car keeps snapping bottom ball joints, as well as doing loads of CV's. Were going to fully rose joint the front end. This ain't cheap though! But it should finally sort the most problematic part of my car, and also help with grip! Its gonna cost well over £500 though.

I'd deffo put a set of coioveron the front. I bought some that had been on a valver Nova. But the ratig o the springs was 175lb. I would want to run those on the back not the front! You want springs rated 275-300lb for a nice ride. Also some rose jointed camber adjuting top mounts are well worth it.

Brakes wise I threw a set of Reyland 4-pots on the front. I have never had fade on them, and know people that have been to the 'Ring with the same results. Thats good enough for me! Rear discs are a benefit, BUT only if set up correctly. They can be a hinderence too

On the engine whip the rocker cover off and plate off the breather pipe. This will stop you having embarrasing smoke clouds when you do some fruity driving round bends. Also stops oil collecting in the inlet.

Buy a fuel pressure guage also. This is a life saver, as you can tell when your running too much boost and leaning out. Also a wideband lambda will do the same!

Theres millions of things I just can't remember. I'm sure they will come back to me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2ltr turbo info needed 23 database queries in 0.0079360 seconds