corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Neons on/ neons off my doors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Neons on/ neons off my doors?
Solitary_Echo

User status: Offline
5th Jan 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i attach some blue interior neons that will come on when i open the doors and go off when the doors are closed? What would i have to wire them to? How easy? Im a complete novice where anything could go wrong. Cheers for any help
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 06 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior light switch already does this. I would relay it depending on how much current they draw. Alternatively, consider that neons are not really fashionable these days and go with an LED interior light conversion or something equally subtle.

Illumated grab handles out of the back of a Vectra or something. Not huge visible coloured lights.
Solitary_Echo

5th Jan 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well they would be 12v i expect. How do you relay something :$ and where does this wire to that light run from. Any ideas? LED interior light conversion..i've already done that its blue..just not very bright
Planty02

5th Jan 06 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have some LEDS set up like this - i wired them up to the interior light - the wiring runs behind the A pillar on the passenger side
Solitary_Echo

5th Jan 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes i didn't think about it like that lol, is it easy to hide them under the A pillar....what did you do about the wiring after that tho to get to the light?
Planty02

5th Jan 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus thake the A pillar trim off (1 screw n some clips) cut the two cables (MAKE SURE THE INTERIOR IGHT IS OFF) that go to the interior light (should be the only ones there) then run the wire to the botom of the pillar

at the bottom you should be able to run the wire down the side of the dash and they will come out underneath the glove box.

Then just connect ur LEDs to the cables with the correct polarity

Make sure that all connections are soldered and insulated
Solitary_Echo

5th Jan 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers man! You rule Is there anymore than the interior light wire in this location?
Planty02

5th Jan 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There werent on my corsa (apart from wires to an aftermarket alarm system) Just depends wot features ur car has

The only electrical item on my car where wiring goes through the roof lining is the interior light but there might be more if uve got ne of these:

Electric sunroof
lights in sun visors
screens

On the other hand - vaux might av put the other wires in the drivers side

[Edited on 05-01-2006 by Planty02]
Planty02

5th Jan 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a side note, if ur worryed about the wiring you could easily put a fuse in - I didn't bother n i never had any problems
neoquip

6th Jan 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.1 million colour change interior light is a good start.. and then fit some other LED lights in the footwells etc
www.neoquip.com

New Poll