corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to: fading bumpers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to: fading bumpers
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   14th Jan 06 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then the standard bumpers/arches have faded and am wondering if anyone can give me some tip or help or generally point me in the right direction of restoring them to their former glory have tried back to black but it doesn't really help and dont want to colour code them.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Jan 06 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a trip to halfords and some bumper restorer will do the trick. Its basically a runny kind of black shoe polish. Meguliers (spelling prob not right) do a good one i think. Although the one ive got is by car care or something and it does the trick

Ive also heard rumors shoe polish works but only till it rains

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Solitary_Echo

14th Jan 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem when i brought me car, if you get some back to black spray and do literally 4 inches square at a time, spray generously, and with a hairdryer heat it up and give it a good rub. Once you've done the entire area like this, you should notice some improvement. I then got some black in a flash trim wax and did as on teh bottle, just rub it in and buff it up...and its been fine..it fades occasionally, so you just top it up with either the wax or the spray. Mine come up really nice. Other than that.....lets see...Paint them black? or get it colour coded? I personally cant be assed
hopper

14th Jan 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best stuff is auto glyn bumper care or meguiars trim detailer.

put some on wipe over the area and leave, do the next arch and so on and just keep goin over them, they will come up like new
Wrighty

14th Jan 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hair dryer/auto glym bumper car
CorsAsh

14th Jan 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some of that if poss.
freelancer

14th Jan 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll be the next thing i do i think.
I also tryed the aerosol Back to Black and Black in a flash... The turtlewax one worked the best out of the 2. However its only temporary... It's faded again (2 months down the line).

i'll give the autoglym stuff a try i think

New Poll