corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central Locking problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central Locking problem?
MattM

User status: Offline
   27th Jan 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was re-painting my brake drums today, put the key in the ignition to turn the stereo on, slammed the door behind me and the central locking some how locked every door. My only key was in the ignition, my rear axles were on stands, and my wheel brace and bolts were in the locked car. Thankfully a local mobile mechanic popped the lock for me, £10.

It got me wondering about my central locking, it hasn't felt as responsive as it should since I run my battery flat a few weeks back, and sometimes the key wont turn at all, and I have to take it out and try again.

Has anyone had this problem and know the solution to it? It may be something I've never noticed before, but when my car is locked at the moment, the lock sits vertically on one side of the car, horizontally on the other. Could this be related?

MattM

User status: Offline
28th Jan 06 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to have righted itself by locking and unlocking the car from the passenger side door and then doing the same on the drivers side. Weird. It is if the locking system was out of sync?!?

New Poll