corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1994 corsa l reg.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1994 corsa l reg.
dansaxo123

User status: Offline
5th Feb 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv bin told of a friend that if i lower my corsa it might damage my car completley.because of the age of the car its quite weak? is this true if i lower it it wil damage it? as anyone ever had a car this old n lowered thers?thanks
AuroraSport

5th Feb 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be worth replacing the shock absorbers if you are lowering more than 40mm, but unless its falling apart from rust then nothing to worry about
goodfellow

5th Feb 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines a l reg and its lowered on 17s wiv a full bodykit uprated brakes the works and its fine.its failed 2 MOT's on the usual like a wheel bearin and a lower ball joint.but other than that its fine mate
dansaxo123

5th Feb 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8.its just that my car is bit rusty under the arches like.wont this be a problem then?
goodfellow

5th Feb 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just get the rust sorted and it will b fine mate
dansaxo123

5th Feb 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pal.as ur car ever had any welding or anyfin dun 2 it? underneath or out like?if so is it expensive
goodfellow

5th Feb 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it had a lil hole in the sill which i welded myself so cost me nufin
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Feb 06 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are weak points on the chassis and bodyshell, which will be stressed further if the car is lower and stiffer. Points to watch are the chassis legs near the front at the bottom of the bulkhead and of course the B pillar corners, both common points needing welding on cars of that age.

Search for pillar cracks. There's a lot of information here.

New Poll