corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Calder Motors & CRD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calder Motors & CRD
alli Ronald

User status: Offline
   6th Feb 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks, ive just been reading a fair few posts about jap cars and 99% of them say you dislike/distrust Calder... im actually looking out for a jap (Evo or maybe Sub) in the coming months and calder were going to be my 1st port of call... have you heard some horror stories? can anyone shed some light?

thanks
stuartmitchell

6th Feb 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get horror stories about every place mate, CRD does have more than it's fair share however

My mate had his corsa in there to get an X14 put in, 6 weeks later he got it back broken

You were talking about imports though, I wouldnt go through them mate, they lost there best mechanic recently to Torque performance, and just becasue they slap a CRD sticker on it doesnt make it worth £££££££££.

I know Mckay trading in edinburgh are quite good, my mate just got a Tommy Mack Evo 6 from them and is very happy with the service.

Speak to AK on here, he's the import guru
Karen

6th Feb 06 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CRD have my pals Fiesta doing engine conversion and respray. 10 months later he still dont have it back yet. And its something so simple

Everywhere you are going to get good and bad opinions. Some folk will have had a good experince some people not. Just gotta go and see for yourself really
AK

6th Feb 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've heard the stories.... but i've only even been happy with the,

Good work on the PGT and skyline.

McKays do have a 'cleaner' stock, most likely higher auction grades. BUT you do pay a premium
I've bought two cars through Kye at Mckays now..... any problems with the car, it is sorted.
craigpcg

6th Feb 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just bought my scooby from calders and was a few small things i wanted done.there was a crack in the windscreen and there was a racing seat in the drivers side. they did everything i asked of them with out any hassle. the body work,engine,exterior,interior were all minted.

everyone has there own storys about there cars. ppls cars that they bought from alder and had them 6 months and they blew up.to me thats there fault for ragging the ass out them.

id recommend calders to any1 but thats just me tho.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Calder Motors & CRD 24 database queries in 0.0083010 seconds