corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v cutting out
KIFF

User status: Offline
7th Feb 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, ive got a 1.2 16v 1999 had the idle control valve replaced just before christmas as it was idling erratically. since though my car seems to have fits where it seems to lose some power, and when ever i pull up anywhere the engine stalls. I can restart it but you have to keep the revs up a bit or it just stalls again. Engine sounds a bit rough when its having a fit but the rest of the time ok. Isnt just when its cold either cos i was driving back to uni from the airport for 2 hours and it was ok, then dropped some people off , when to drive home and it lost some power and started stalling. Any ideas??

cheers KIFF
Basscrazy

7th Feb 06 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air mass sensor i have/had same engine they changed idle etc turned out to be that when put on vauxhall diog

getting engine removed now there just a pain
KIFF

7th Feb 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i replaced the mass air flow meter myself before i took it to vauxhalls cos i managed to get a new one cheap. it might just need a service, i went to vauxhall today to find out if it could be the part they replaced, cos it can be adjusted, but they said they would have a look,but if it wasnt related to that it would cost me 57quid just for them to look at it.don't think i need a diagnostic done cos the eml doesnt come on.

New Poll