corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2i or 1.4i Corsa (New model)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2i or 1.4i Corsa (New model)
Rob H

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
DRIVE THEM

What he said, make your own opinions!

Personally i've found there's very little difference between the two at any speed, so unless your buying it for the upgrade in features, then just get the sxi..

Another thing to consider is that there's a new corsa coming the end of the year, so if you dont intend to keep it for a long time, you'll loose loads of money when the new model comes out.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 06 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not after a brand new one.

You're right though, might be worth holding on until the D is out to find a cheap C.
joshiestevens

22nd Feb 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, good point. Do you think it will depreciate a lot?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 06 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can affect it, depends if you want the car now and are prepared to ride the loss, or you want to use that as a way of getting a cheaper car.
joshiestevens

22nd Feb 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I need a car within the next 4 weeks and I think the interior of the corsa is the nicest over all cars in its class...

by the way, does anyone by any chance have a video of a drag race between a stock 1.2 and stock 1.4.. lol?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 06 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive them both.

Buy the one you like.

Stop faffing, please.
PainZ

22nd Feb 06 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joshie you are pissing me off.

Just choose.

If you can honestly insure a 1.4 they fucking get one..

Your 16.. so cant drive one until you pass your test
joshiestevens

22nd Feb 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see why im pissing you off, just looking for assistance..
Ren

22nd Feb 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not looking for assistance, you're asking meaningless questions. 1.2 or 1.4, it doesnt fucking matter, they both are slow cars, and 0-60 times mean nothing, because only twats race 1.2/1.4 cars.

Get a 1.2, 1.4 might be slightly faster, but if you cant even drive yet, you're not going to be experienced enough to 'race' (in the loosest sense of the word) so there's no point in trying. 1.2 is insurance friendly, and slightly more economical. And im guessing you're going to be a student while you're driving, and at 40-50 miles to the gallon, the 1.2 is a godsend.
MKC

22nd Feb 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur young then get the 1.2 imo - slightly cheaper 2 insure, tax and on fuel.

if u don't mind all these costs being a bit more and want a bit more speed/poke then get the 1.4 - but the fuel ecomony on my 1.4 ain't brill - only 31mpg

u can always then upgrade 2 a 1.8 or different car in a few years when ur old, got a ncb, etc.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2i or 1.4i Corsa (New model) 23 database queries in 0.0477560 seconds