corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this a good idea?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is this a good idea?
jimmy 2.1

User status: Offline
15th Mar 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been thinking of ways to make my 20xe corsavan nippier.

the current state of tune is its bored out (2.1), schrick cams, superchipped, k&n, side exit 2 1/4 exhaust etc. its going on the rolling road in a couple of weeks to find out it power.

ultimately i want a set of throttle bodies but i aint got the money at the mo to purchase them (unless i sell my bike that i race which i don't wanna do)

so, i've been thinking about getting a lightened flywheel and an f16 cr box. will the gearbox cope with being on a redtop (i don't know if they've been fit to them before). the box that its in is an f20 with the cav 4x4 final drive.

i'm on 9 points so i'm not really into top end speed anymore. its all about the accelleration now!

i've thought about stripping it out but i like my music too!! with it being a van its got no rear seats, only 2 X12" subs int back. pic.... http://i2.tinypic.com/rhvq81.jpg (sorry its a bit crap, must have dt's! )

also, (i know its turning into an essay) would my engine run better with the standard calibra airbox with its internal baffles gutted and a cold air feed?

thanks
jimmy 2.1

15th Mar 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
AK

15th Mar 06 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

junk the superchip for a UNICHIP.

F16cr isnt any closer than a F20CR i dont think....

From memory and 7200rpm limit i was hitting the following speeds with my F20cr

1 - ??
2 - 61
3 - 85-90
4 - 110
5 - 137 or so

The F16 is a common box on c20xe's - should be no probs.

[Edited on 15-03-2006 by AK]
schoey

15th Mar 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the f16cr short ratio??

if it is or it isnt, fozzy uses an f16 long and short on all the v6 conversions with a lightened flywheel, so itll be fine on a redtop.
AK

15th Mar 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-8381.html
AK

15th Mar 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

schoey - cr = close ratio, short
schoey

15th Mar 06 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah thought so. thanks!

so yeah i would say it would be fine. i may be wrong though.
vibrio
Banned

15th Mar 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1

the current state of tune is its bored out (2.1), schrick cams, superchipped, k&n, side exit 2 1/4 exhaust etc. its going on the rolling road in a couple of weeks to find out it power.

ultimately i want a set of throttle bodies but i aint got the money at the mo to purchase them (unless i sell my bike that i race which i don't wanna do)

so, i've been thinking about getting a lightened flywheel and an f16 cr box. will the gearbox cope with being on a redtop (i don't know if they've been fit to them before). the box that its in is an f20 with the cav 4x4 final drive.

i'm on 9 points so i'm not really into top end speed anymore. its all about the accelleration now!

i've thought about stripping it out but i like my music too!! with it being a van its got no rear seats, only 2 X12" subs int back. pic.... http://i2.tinypic.com/rhvq81.jpg (sorry its a bit crap, must have dt's! )

also, (i know its turning into an essay) would my engine run better with the standard calibra airbox with its internal baffles gutted and a cold air feed?

thanks

remove
AK

15th Mar 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the gearbox change will be fine, although pointless
jimmy 2.1

16th Mar 06 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1

thanks

remove

ok sorry (i aint no chav trying to say its giving me 350 billion bhp )

AK, whats better about the unichip over a superchip? arn'et they just there to increase the rev ceiling?

just thought that an f16 will give me better accelleration although a smaller top end.
AK

16th Mar 06 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a superchip to increase the revs (idle and limit) on my old x14xe

I went for a UNICHIP after the superchip because it ran like a bag of nails.... just over fueled! The unichip is mapped to your car on a rolling road, adjusting the fueling where needed.... UNLIKE the superchip which just 'assumes' you need +10% fueling through all rpm stops.

You could have the wider F20 maybe

Changing to an F20cr would do the same as a F16cr.

What speeds in gear are you seeing at 7200rpm? Not top as that will be high dt the the final.

[Edited on 16-03-2006 by AK]
jimmy 2.1

16th Mar 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I used a superchip to increase the revs (idle and limit) on my old x14xe

I went for a UNICHIP after the superchip because it ran like a bag of nails.... just over fueled! The unichip is mapped to your car on a rolling road, adjusting the fueling where needed.... UNLIKE the superchip which just 'assumes' you need +10% fueling through all rpm stops.

You could have the wider F20 maybe

Changing to an F20cr would do the same as a F16cr.

What speeds in gear are you seeing at 7200rpm? Not top as that will be high dt the the final.

[Edited on 16-03-2006 by AK]

ok, i get the picture with the uni chip. it does idle like a bag of nails once warmed up, ie its revs dip then shoot upto 1500 or so rpm then back to idle which is just under 1000rpm then dip again etc...

i'll go have a look on't box to see what its stamped up as. are f20cr's pretty hard to get hold of? think i'll go for one of them as they can handle more torque, true?

also, roughly how much were you charged for the unichip mapping?

thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this a good idea? 23 database queries in 0.0138350 seconds