corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smoothing arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smoothing arches
roybob

User status: Offline
15th Mar 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey just wondering how to smooth me arches,tried searching but fcuk all, all il need is fibre glass, filler and time? is there anything else you need put on before blending them into bodywork? cheers in advance dadios.
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th Mar 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i did my mates i bonded them on with tigerseal and used the bolts alreay in the arches just to make sure they were on there, then grinded away paint from around arch so fibreglass and filler would stick, then used fibrefill to bridge the main gaps and get the shape, then used filler to skim over and smooth it all out
roybob

15th Mar 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grinding is abit harsh no? could you not just sand with ruff paper?after smoothing it i take it youl have spray the whole panel or you best doing everything at once n then spraying the whole car? what the chances of the filler or fibreglass falling out over time mate, again cheers.
woodwardsbodyshop

15th Mar 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grinding isn't harsh, you need to get rid off all the paint around the area so the fibreglass will stick, the whole area will need spraying, and if done properly the filler/fibreglass shouldn't fall out, just remember to grind away all the paint were the fibreglass will come into contact with
roybob

15th Mar 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that mate,recently got wider arches and was just going stik im on but after looking round here can see that blending em in luks the biz so will prob give it a go when i can,thanx alot,n good luck with your own stuff
woodwardsbodyshop

15th Mar 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what arches? i was just about to offer my assistants and say i'd smooth them in for 60 quid but your in ireland, bit of a mission from liverpool, anyway, if ya need any help feel free to u2u me mate

[Edited on 15-03-2006 by woodwardsbodyshop]
roybob

15th Mar 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there combat wide arches being smoothed into combat back and skirts and jap front.cheers for the offer mate,think even with the currency exchange your price very good, getting things done across here isnt cheap n there fcuk all places to go,but sure il always try sumthing once hahaha.
woodwardsbodyshop

15th Mar 06 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gud to hear it make, are you smoothing the whole kit in????? like i said just u2u me or email me pics or something to paulbmx2003@aol.com and i'll give you any help you need
roybob

15th Mar 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guna see as the fcukin roads in ireland are terrible you could be driving dwn n wham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a pothole will cum out from no where, its like its following you , if i ever get the car finished il try an post here so i can get a gud piss taking as everyone else seems to get hahahaha
woodwardsbodyshop

15th Mar 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you decide on smoothing bumpers to arches, make lil metal brackets and rivet them between bumpers/arches/wings, it will make it alot stringer and less movement meaning less chance of cracking
roybob

15th Mar 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

New Poll