corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No brakes!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No brakes!!!!
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   20th Mar 06 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my car back from its service today and decided to go for a little drive this evening to see what its like and get some petrol. All seemed well in the 30 mins i was driving then on the approch to the petrol station i seemed to lose 95% of braking and the pedal went to the floor

So I gave it some downshifting action and pulled into the petrol station. Checked under the bonnet for the fluid level and that doesnt seem paticuly low and i couldnt see any visible leaks from any lines.
The petrol station is near my house so I went home carefully in first and second down the back roads. most the the braking is back now but the pedal can still be pushed to the floor with moderate effort and it feels very spongy

Anyway im going to have a look in the light in the morning but the brakes were re bled as part of the service could they have cocked up somewhere or has a cylinder gone or something by coinsidence?

Anyway added excitment to my evening im just glad i was going into the petrol station and not heading for the main roundabout very lucky really as my approach to roundabouts isnt the most suttle

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Planty02

20th Mar 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to me few months back - it was a slave cylinder in my case, had them both replaced and was sorted
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Mar 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have returned it to the garage asap and asked them to sort it.
abdus

20th Mar 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ esp that it was serviced....

New Poll