corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3
shane2corsa

User status: Offline
28th Mar 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt look like your fault mate to me, you were on the main road, i believe the highway code states you shouldnt do anything to 1.cause anyone to change speed (slow down or stop) 2.cause anyone to change direction, She did both, but then again maybe you could have judged what was going to happen.. as long as no ones hurt thats the main thing
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rcb
I'd say it could go either way, did you not see her?

I saw coming suddenly in front of the road .. but it was too close. She couldn't stay in the middle because she would be hit by a car on the rear (cars coming along the two lane road) and panicked so she kept going straight still looking on her side thinking of the other cars. Did not even notice me coming .. kept going .. heard the brake. In my opinion it is dangerous to cross the road like that considering it takes time to cross the two lane and there is no place to stop in the middle. She even said that I did not brake but happily rammed her.
punkymt1

28th Mar 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing I'd like to mention is that to enter the one lane road, one would take a curving turn and not a direct right angle with the central strip. This also caused her to fully steer and probably she had to reverse as the road is not wide.

Last thing .. she said that she drove the car for only one month before this accident. She's young (20 years) so most probably she was not even that confident with the car. I can't only understand one thing .. who the hell passed this woman from the car test? *wonder what she was doing instead of the test*
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Mar 06 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Length of time she has been driving or owned the car may be a factor in the accident, but its not something that you can hang blame on. Inexperience alone does not cause accidents. Not dealing with the road appropriately, as an inexperienced driver may not causes accidents.

My take - she entered your path. No further discussion necessary.
punkymt1

5th Apr 06 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: she lied to the insurance and said that I was coming from the side street where there is the stop sign. The insurance are requesting more photos from the wardens. They can't decide whose fault it is. I want to kill that woman!!
Carl

5th Apr 06 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by punkymt1
Update: she lied to the insurance and said that I was coming from the side street where there is the stop sign. The insurance are requesting more photos from the wardens. They can't decide whose fault it is. I want to kill that woman!!

Surely the angle of the ipact will determine where you came from. She still has somehow ended up at your side of the road through a dodgy manouver so i can't see how she can get away with it.
punkymt1

5th Apr 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

Surely the angle of the ipact will determine where you came from. She still has somehow ended up at your side of the road through a dodgy manouver so i can't see how she can get away with it.

Hope so mate .. I am really not liking this .. probably this is going to court if they can't decide about it.
punkymt1

23rd May 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: This has not been solved yet Going to court soon and now an advocate will decide. We're both the same insurance and it won't decide whose fault it is. In a few words they want to wash their hands off the case. That bi*** already got the money and fixed her car because she is full comp. I have about £1430 damage - mostly on chrome wheels.

Insurance are making me crazy taking long and saying they can't solve the case. All this after insuring 6 cars and a boat with the same insurance. Do you call this client support?

Hope this goes well
Marc

23rd May 06 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can tell you now this will be a 50:50 split. Insurance companies can't be bothered with the hastle, and as your'e both with the same company a 50:50 split seems the best option for them.
Rob126

23rd May 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did that happen xbin? im rly sry for u!
punkymt1

23rd May 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I can tell you now this will be a 50:50 split. Insurance companies can't be bothered with the hastle, and as your'e both with the same company a 50:50 split seems the best option for them.

Well I don't exactly see it 50:50 considering she is full comp and still getting all the money. I'm assuming that the insurance will only gain from my part since it will pay me half.

[Edited on 23-05-2006 by punkymt1]
punkymt1

23rd May 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob126
where did that happen xbin? im rly sry for u!

Mtarfa bypass, limits of Rabat on my way to university.
Marc

23rd May 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well I don't exactly see it 50:50 considering she is full comp and still getting all the money. I'm assuming that the insurance will only gain from my part since it will pay me half.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but if the insurance company can't decide they usually go for a 50:50 split. Really it should be obvious to them that the other car was at fault.
JM_16v

23rd May 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

if she saw u on a side road then she shouldnt be sticking her hed out the window and should be concentrating on the road ahead surely anyway.....but gd luck
Ry_B
Banned

23rd May 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way they have to pay out the exact same amount of money, to be fair I don't think they will care after reading various experiences on car forums
punkymt1

23rd May 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This makes me think twice about modding my car which I use frequently. I take good care of it but I can't help it when I see this. My father and I never claimed a penny from this insurance and the only time when we really need, all this cr**. I'll update later on.
punkymt1

28th Aug 06 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally after 5 months (accident date) and 2 months after court .. I phoned up insurance and told me that I won the case. I will get my money as soon as I give them my receipts hopefully. What shall reward the corsa with now?
Edd

28th Aug 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brilliant

well done
Marc

28th Aug 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally! Bet its a weight off your shoulders!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident.. whose fault do you consider it is? *pic* **LAST UPDATE** pg3 23 database queries in 0.0127199 seconds