corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Controlling the headunit through buttons on the steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Controlling the headunit through buttons on the steering wheel
CorsaJunkie

User status: Offline
8th Apr 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I have a 94 corsa 1.2i
I m thinking of installing a higher spec steering wheel in order to control my headunit through the buttons on the steering wheel. My headunit is a sony cdx f5500. Has anyone here done this, with the same or a similar headunit? I know it has an input for external joystick so maybe the buttons on the steering wheel could be connected to that input. Do you think its possible?
thanks in advance
flash22

User status: Offline
8th Apr 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been playing around with wheels with audio controls for a few months now the wiring isnt a problem but the splines and the way the contactor unit mounts are a big problem. i have a looked at astra g,corsa c,vectra b/c and a few other wheels. On the corsa b the contactor is bolted to the back of the wheel and theres 2 lugs on top of the column but on the newer vauxhalls the contactor unit is cliped in place on the top of the column and there are 2 lugs on the back of the wheel it's hard to explain really theres a lot of effort for a little gain

as it a sony you can get one of there joysticks for about £10-15 off ebay

eg. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sony-joystick_W0QQitemZ9707251120QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[Edited on 08-04-2006 by flash22]

New Poll