corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Wheel Scrubbing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Wheel Scrubbing
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 06 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been hearing a squeaking noise from the rear over the past week and noticed the other day the side wall on my tyre was scrubbing off and could see from the inside of the arch!

Today it got worse and every little bump the tyre was catching the rear arch got home to check it out and the wheel seems to be sitting at a funny angle.

(only passenger side drivers side is fine)

Any ideas what this could be?

I'm hoping the spring / shock is broke or something simple to fix as i have new suspension to be fitted asap.

Currently standard shocks with 50mm lowering springs.

Looking at the wheel its as if i have put the totally wrong offset alloys on the car and its leaning towards the top of the arch!

Any help would be appreciated many thanks in advance

Dan

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Joe

10th Apr 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly Stub axle bent on the rear, or maybe even the full rear beam. I had an incident with a curb and bent the stub axle, I changed it which made it better but still not right. Ended up changing the full rear beam and its now spot on.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have not caught the car on anything is pretty much sat on the drive for the past 2 weeks not moved and now its scrubbing like a bitch.

Meant to be going to Donny on friday morning need it sorted ASAP will have to take it slowly to a garage tmoz

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Gregor

10th Apr 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not taking the piss but are all the bolts tight
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels have been on for many moons but i shall check that also

Jake

10th Apr 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at your car from the back, is it any worst than mine? (passenger side)
Joe

10th Apr 06 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it only just started doing it, have you changed anything then it started? Personally i'd put my money on stub axle
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jake it looks pretty simillar to the angle yours is sitting at!

Will take the wheel off in the morning and check it all out!

Wheel bearing,
Wheel bolts,

How do you check if its the stub axle etc?

Jake

10th Apr 06 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it on laser aligment
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was / is the problem with yours then Jake?

Jake

10th Apr 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit a curb very hard, bent the stub axle and beam, replaced the axle and got the beam straightened on a jig, its just within the tollerances but im not happy. Want it to be spot on sooner or later

[Edited on 10-04-2006 by jake]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope i can get it sorted for the journey down to Donny on Friday

[Edited on 10-04-2006 by Daniel_Corsa]

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

11th Apr 06 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the wheel bearing, which then scored rather a large mark into the stub axle causing the wheel to be unstable.

All sorted now

New Poll