corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stock market

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stock market
JJ

User status: Offline
12th Apr 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone mess with this, i was just lookin at a stock i thought i had done well on, DES.L (Desire petrolum) i bought it at 12p and it tripled, only had 500 quid on it, i sold then, but was lookin at it over the last year n half, few months after i sold my stock it hit nearly 74p gutted, wish i had put 20k in it lol

[Edited on 12-04-2006 by Ian]
stuartmitchell

12th Apr 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've dabbled in it My auntie and uncle are stock brokers though so hard to go wrong
JJ

12th Apr 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
I've dabbled in it My auntie and uncle are stock brokers though so hard to go wrong

Sweet any good tips
Ry_B
Banned

12th Apr 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off

Day

RichR
Premium Member

12th Apr 06 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My last major change to the prtfolio was investing in a Mexican Oil company - £250 worth of shares at 1p each - at close on the first week - they were up to 12p a share - 6 months later they were upto 42p a share

when i sold they were at 28p ( and still are; just had an initial spike now they've levelled out)

wish I'd put in my full portfolio's worth of shares, straight into the company - £5k at the time at a x 28 return ( would've returned £140 000+) - but hindsight is a brilliant thing

[Edited on 12-04-2006 by LiVe LeE]
JJ

12th Apr 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
My last major change to the prtfolio was investing in a Mexican Oil company - £250 worth of shares at 1p each - at close on the first week - they were up to 12p a share - 6 months later they were upto 42p a share

when i sold they were at 28p ( and still are; just had an initial spike now they've levelled out)

wish I'd put in my full portfolio's worth of shares, straight into the company - £5k at the time at a x 28 return ( would've returned £140 000+) - but hindsight is a brilliant thing

Yes indeed it is... Where he hear bout the mexican oil company?? i heard bout des.l on bloomberg one nite.
stuartmitchell

12th Apr 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I was all set to invest just £100 in BAE systems when they were worth fcuk all in 2002. Then once Sep 11 and all that shit happened the price rose to 316p would of made a fucking fortune

as you say though hindsight is a wonderful thing
RichR
Premium Member

12th Apr 06 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The oil company was a complete flook - Mum's got a lottery syndicate of about 10 people from the old firm she worked at before going freelance - they won about £1600 - but rather than split it they invested it - but decided to invest in the most obscure thing they could - they went to an investor's meeting and that was what they chose - I pledged my £250 the next day and at floatation I think we had majority shares between us
Half Pint

12th Apr 06 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have about £13,500 in LloydsTSB but beleive me they didn't cost me that!
Kerry

12th Apr 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have shares in Royal Bank of Scotland

JadeM
Premium Member

12th Apr 06 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 12k worth of BP shares............sold them this time last year to help buy my house!!
supacook2k

12th Apr 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just opened a sharebuilder account. just got to find some good shares to invest in.
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Apr 06 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a set amount you have to buy? i think i have 50p spare

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
supacook2k

12th Apr 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure. with mine its £20 a month then a small commission fee.
Robbo

12th Apr 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tends to be a minimum set byt the company... Jus, I remember when you had those De.L ones as ur msn sic

Hindsight rules but u did the right thing at the right time
Robbo

12th Apr 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am investng in shares in the co i work for at present, they are $50 shares (approx £30) so I pay in £30 per mth and that buys me one share, then they put in an equal amount of shares, free money basically get a tax break for doing that as well
fiestakidda

12th Apr 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts do people look at this stuff and where about do we go about investing??? I've always thought about it but dont have the frist clue

Any advice would be great
corsa.in.boro

12th Apr 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^GOOD QUESTION^^^^

THINKING THE SAME!!!!
stuartmitchell

12th Apr 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fiestakidda
Where abouts do people look at this stuff and where about do we go about investing??? I've always thought about it but dont have the frist clue

Financial Times mate, it's boring as hell but gives you a good idea if you read it for a while and monitor the share prices

Thats what I do anyway (GEEEEK )
Robbo

13th Apr 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh and look out for upcoming flotations... such as online gambling sites... one floated for mega mega money a while back!
dave17

13th Apr 06 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
quote:
Originally posted by fiestakidda

Financial Times mate, it's boring as hell but gives you a good idea if you read it for a while and monitor the share prices

Thats what I do anyway (GEEEEK )

you can GTF if you think im meeting you in Ibiza now u big fat geek

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stock market 24 database queries in 0.0081179 seconds