corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Stonehaven Motor Club Autocros/Clubcross, June 4th

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stonehaven Motor Club Autocros/Clubcross, June 4th
creationracing

User status: Offline
27th May 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, just a reminder, we have an Autocross/Clubcross event on at Netherley near Stonehaven next Sunday, should be a good event but still could do with more entries. If there are any MSA Competition licence holders on here who fancy a razz round a field with the possibility for a trophy at the end of the day, here are the regulations/entry form:

http://www.sdmc.org.uk/eventdocuments/06.06.04%20-%20SDMC%20Autocross%20-%20Regs.doc - Autocross Regs
http://www.sdmc.org.uk/eventdocuments/06.06.04%20-%20SDMC%20Clubcross%20-%20Regs.doc - Clubcross Regs
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/creationracing2/13cc0d0f.jpg - Entry Form Page 1
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/creationracing2/5837ddf3.jpg - Entry Form Page 2

If you dont have a suitable car, we should be able to hire one out to you, at a cost of £50 (including all fuel etc, and helmet/racesuit hire) on top of youyr entry fee of £35. Not as cheap as a day playing GT4 on the Playstation2, but it's a full day's motorsport on the following track for less than the cost of a days indoor karting....

If anyone is interested in competing, spectating or marshalling, my mobile number is in the regs....

Cheers!

Roy
www.sdmc.org.uk
creationracing

6th Jun 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all! Just in case you were wondering, my Autocross on Sunday did go ahead, despite a last minute scare about lack of entries! In the end we had 13 for the Autocross and 1 in the Clubcross, so enough to make the event viable. A few wee pictures for you to cast your peepers upon....

As you can see, it was a fairly mixed bag of both machinery and drivers, Fiesta 1100s, Mazda MX6, Jag XJ6 and Lada Niva Cossack, and a 14 year old girl doing the clubcross on her own to a bunch of experienced and successful stage rally drivers. As most of these rally nuts were double entering in hire cars there was the inevitable bit of gentle contact and friendly rivalry, all in good fun! Everyone got through the day safely, only had 2 retirements, a broken bottom arm on a Corsa and a wheel parting with a BMW being the only two casualties.

My little mk2 Fiesta held up really well apart from the minor fact of the strut - hub bolts being in constant movement for most of the afternoon, no matter how many times I tightened them they kept slipping giving me very very wobbly steering and heaps of negative camber, on inspection the bolt holes on the strut are ovalised, theyre either fecked or are meant to be set up for adjustable camber, I'm not sure! Still, had a good scrap for Fiesta Challenge honors with Rod Manson, an ex Scottish Hillclimb class champ, was only about 0.5 secs slower on each run despite him having colways all round, and me just having some crap snow tyres up front and road tyres on the back... On the last run I went hell for leather and went 3 seconds quicker..... but clipped a marker and got pealised 5 secs. Gutted, but highly encouraged!

FTD went to Mike Connon (Scottish Mini Championship regular) in the MX6. We had a great day for it, pissed down in the hour before the event but stopped immediately prior to the start, so it was damp enough to keep the dust down but not muddy at all, just perfect. As the sun stayed out we got a BBQ on the go as well! Track was great, apart from Rod (also driving the XJ6) complaining that it wasnt big enough for his car!

Hopefully given this minor triumph, we will be able to get the next one on Aug 6th running, if everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did, they all should be back!

Roy
creationracing

6th Jun 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and cheers to Stoneyginger for turning up and marshalling!
mav

6th Jun 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked ace mate...
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

6th Jun 06 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yey i got a mention no worries Roy was a good laugh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Stonehaven Motor Club Autocros/Clubcross, June 4th 24 database queries in 0.0176239 seconds