corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LED's in dash and centre console (not working)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LED's in dash and centre console (not working)
Poot

User status: Offline
   5th Jul 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently I replaced the centre console bulbs, and dash clock blubs with blue led's from a guy on ebay (crazyled's) and the ones in the centre work, but only the led's on the rev counter and fuel guage on the clocks seem to work?

Im pretty confused, because all the led's worked when i try them in different places on the dash, and the standard bulbs work where the led's wont.....if you get me

help appreciated, cheers.
DarkBahamut

5th Jul 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LEDs have to be inserted the correct way. If they dont light up, take them out, rotate them 180 degrees and put them back in. Should work then
Poot

5th Jul 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legend, cheers
All working perfect
Rob_Corsa

8th Jul 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you post some pics up of how they look, ive seen his items on ebay but didnt know how good they looked.

Cheers
DarkBahamut

8th Jul 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have them but i cant really show you a picture. The pictures taken at night make the dash look about twice as bright as it really is.

In terms of how they look, it all kinda depends. In the 'cool' sense they look good, i like having the blue LEDs in mine, but in terms of performance, im not so sure. The ones in the MFD are very bright and clear, even in the day time. The ones behind the heater controls are ok at night, could bt alittle brither but its not a huge loss. Biggest problem i have is with the ones behind the dials. They just arent bright enough, the dials are alittle difficult to read at night, more so if your in the darker areas of the dials (60-80mph / 2,500 - 4,500 rpm). To be honest, i dont think they are bight enough at all, and im probabaly going to see if i can find some brighter blue LEDs for them somewhere.
Rob_Corsa

9th Jul 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thought as much, ive tried various leds behind the dash and they were either too bright with poor spread or good spread and not bright enough. I ended up using red bulbs instead

DarkBahamut

9th Jul 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those red ones look pretty good, i sure wish the blues one had a spread that good, where did you get them from?
Rob_Corsa

9th Jul 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made them myself using bulbs and standard holders.

Bulbs are off ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-Red-286-Dashboard-Light-bulbs-5mm-Capless_W0QQitemZ230005576238QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72237QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And by the way, blue bulbs done this way dont look bright enough either.

New Poll