corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » keeping the impreza

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author keeping the impreza
SetH

User status: Offline
15th Jul 06 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, perhaps you should have quoted that in the first place

You must concede though that STi`s are dying left right and centre, throwing piston number 3 due to det, and big end bearings going etc. Nearly every classic STi will need a rebuild at some point no matter how well its looked after.

My engine has been built to handle the boost and conservatively mapped by "pavlo", pretty much a god amongst mappers in the scoob world. Average knock on a standard WRX is 60 on an apexi commander, mines never seen over 47.

My AFR is showing lean though, which is a bit concerning, been advised not to take that reading too seriously but not something i dont want to ignore.

Guess if you look after them and like you said dont badly mod them with MBC`s etc then hopefully be ok.

[Edited on 15-07-2006 by SetH]
SetH

15th Jul 06 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
SetH,

A word of advice mate......go VERY careful with the Toyo T1-R`s

The first 500 miles they will be shite. Personally I wouldn't think about 'pushing on' until 1k in

Ensure you get them set to a suitable pressure...im sure scooby sites will give you some advice on that

As for track work? bin them.....5 laps in on a vx and they overheat and all grip goes west.....I can only imagine that will be far worse in a scooby

M8, everytime i get new tyres im reasonably careful. had these on my ibiza cupra and octavia VRS as well.

although when all the suspension mods go on next week it will be tempting to be bad
Jules S
Premium Member

15th Jul 06 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough.

Just be warned mate....toyos go off big time. Find that out on track not on the road
SetH

15th Jul 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you read my post about 320lb/f torque, damp road, 4wd chassis with different tread on same axel, namely some star performer shit?
CORSA NUT

16th Jul 06 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
fair enough, perhaps you should have quoted that in the first place

You must concede though that STi`s are dying left right and centre, throwing piston number 3 due to det, and big end bearings going etc. Nearly every classic STi will need a rebuild at some point no matter how well its looked after.

My engine has been built to handle the boost and conservatively mapped by "pavlo", pretty much a god amongst mappers in the scoob world. Average knock on a standard WRX is 60 on an apexi commander, mines never seen over 47.

My AFR is showing lean though, which is a bit concerning, been advised not to take that reading too seriously but not something i dont want to ignore.

Guess if you look after them and like you said dont badly mod them with MBC`s etc then hopefully be ok.

[Edited on 15-07-2006 by SetH]

Yeah true....hence why P1's have a habit of blowing up and needing a rebuild because of the jap spec V engine.

I didn't mean my comment to be nasty mate but saying that a 3K WRX is ready to go bang you were asking for trouble I'm getting a new ECU soon for a slight boost increase and mapped for 98 ron anyway just to be sure.
SetH

16th Jul 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z4 ECU by any chance?
CORSA NUT

16th Jul 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either that or a scoobyecu mate

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » keeping the impreza 23 database queries in 0.0101860 seconds