corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ultimate or optimax

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ultimate or optimax
mattcape

User status: Offline
18th Jul 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont like optimax too much show and no go!! i always fill up with sainsburys super unleaded correct me if im wrong but think its 97 octane and normal is only 95 also garage by me sells super for bout 94p so not bad on price either!!
Nath

18th Jul 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I use Ultimate for my Nectar points.
DarkBahamut

18th Jul 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Anyone tried BP's 102RON fuel? It's only available at a few sites IIRC. Saying that its £2.?? per litre!

I just looked at the BP site for that and whatever car they used to show the power gains has some of the most ugly turbo lag i have ever seen (well, not THE worst ive seen...)

Power on the car they use tripled between 3000 and 4000 rpm which basicly means below 4000 that car had no power at all (a car with 460bhp at the wheels (5500rpm) only putting down 120 at 3000 rpm. Ugly).
Cybermonkey

19th Jul 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
quote:
Anyone tried BP's 102RON fuel? It's only available at a few sites IIRC. Saying that its £2.?? per litre!

I just looked at the BP site for that and whatever car they used to show the power gains has some of the most ugly turbo lag i have ever seen (well, not THE worst ive seen...)

Power on the car they use tripled between 3000 and 4000 rpm which basicly means below 4000 that car had no power at all (a car with 460bhp at the wheels (5500rpm) only putting down 120 at 3000 rpm. Ugly).

who cares about power at those revs, as long as its not sketchy and the torque curve is thick and flat, doesnt matter so much about power levels at lower RPM
Ry_B
Banned

19th Jul 06 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ry_B
Optimax is better in my experience.

quote:
Originally posted by Ry_B
Drives: 45BHP beast!

I own a 1.2 8v, well noticed .....
whitter45

19th Jul 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how can you tell the difference mate with a 1.2 8v

I had one and there is no difference whats so ever
Ry_B
Banned

19th Jul 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then in my Dad's experience. Calibra Turbo and Seat Leon Cupra R 225 to name a few of the motors that he/we have noticed a difference by using Optimax
DarkBahamut

19th Jul 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
quote:

who cares about power at those revs, as long as its not sketchy and the torque curve is thick and flat, doesnt matter so much about power levels at lower RPM

If the power curve spikes that fast between such a low amount of RPM then the torque curve is not flat, that clearly spikes up alot around 3000 rpm too. Clear turbo lag.

Based on the image they show, torque seems nearly flat, maybe increasing slightly around 3,000rpm (lowest rpm they show), after that the torque curve spikes upwards very quickly and by 4,500rpm the torque curve starts to level out, by 5,000rpm the car is at almost peak horsepower, torque is dropping rapidly at that point.

Thats not a good torque curve really.
Cybermonkey

20th Jul 06 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that spike is the turbo coming on boost. i have to see a graph to determine my opinion. can you please provide a link

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ultimate or optimax 23 database queries in 0.0122800 seconds