corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The Mini, Updated 29/7/06

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Mini, Updated 29/7/06
Paul H

User status: Offline
30th Jul 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try and get hold of some metro turbo 4 pot brakes aswell if you can.makes a big difference on stopping.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jul 06 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark, i need your help anyway, i cant get it to start, but i dont know why

and i'm not sure about the Turbo either, i did a little strip down earlier, and i'm pretty sure i need to find another one

i bolted it on anyway though, just to see if the clearance was ok
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jul 06 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob I want you're mini
RS6

30th Jul 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sent this thread to my mate to have a look at, hes not a member on here but wanted to post up, so im doing it on his behalf

minis handle best on 10” wheels and get progressively worse the bigger they get, so 13” are the worst but make up for it coz they look phat as charlotte church after eating a buffet of Sunday dinners. i want 8x13s or 7x10s – ermm, I really wouldn’t!! 10’s will be fine with turbo. Theres a local guy running 2litre red top on 10s!!!

v-tec’s and vauxhaul 1.6 + 2 litre red tops are common replacements as are the 1.4 k series injection lumps. They do take a lot of work and fabrication. You normall need to extend the front wings and bonnet by about 90mm to fit a ‘tec lump unless you whack a 2litre 16v type r in the back. Want the most fun? As previously mentioned a turbo busa will make you brown your pantihoes!!

When it comes to rot it can happen in a lot of places. Under the windscreen and lights in the panel seams. The bottoms of the doors, the A-panels, around the subframe mounts in the boot, and mainly and probably the worst, the front floor pans and sills. Never ever fit the larger over sills – they are fitted to hide rusty poopy!

Turbo mini’s. they come from either an ERA (rare as cheese and chips on a desert island) or the metros. Yes they are 1275cc and will prolly not get 100hp from standard. Look at getting 1293 overbore (+20) and with the right mods (intercooler – rolling road tune, 276 cam or similar) and you’ll start touching the 100hp mark. Itll be a nice 100hp too!

If I were you, before trying to run the engine much id change the rotor arm and condenser points (and consider electric ignition kits as they are the only thing that’s any good for reliability (check out www.mini-spares.com)), an oil change and use a thick viscosity like 20-50. change the sparks and leads and if your keeping the turbo buy and su hif44 (that’s the carb you’ll have) refurb kit (the sealed type) from the above URL.

Brakes – if you have discs up front already, these will be ok if you don’t hoon it and wanna stop like instantly with that turbo, but as mentioned 4pots with grooved vented discs will be spot on.

Hope some of this helps!

[Edited on 30-07-2006 by RS6]
Robin
Premium Member

30th Jul 06 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank him for the advice Mark

i have a carb refurb kit on the way (although the new carb i got yesterday has recently been done), and i'm gonna get a spare engine for a rebuild so that i can play with more boost and more CCs

i cant run 10s due to brake issues, (i cant afford to buy 7.4 inchers with 4pots) so i'm going to stick with 12s for now

i've checked the car top to bottom, front to back, and there is no major rust, a few minor bubbles round the scuttle area and thats about it

plugs and leads have recently been done, i have a reciept for the leads, but i'll do the plugs again

RS6

30th Jul 06 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its james btw

Robin
Premium Member

30th Jul 06 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this now... i saw MJ in your sig and got confused

sorry
RS6

30th Jul 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LukeS

26th Jun 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did this get finished?
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea, I sold it for 30% more than I paid for it.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The Mini, Updated 29/7/06 24 database queries in 0.0101221 seconds