corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20XE Corsa overheating and running vey hot,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20XE Corsa overheating and running vey hot,
Ian W

User status: Offline
25th Jul 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

during normal driving both on normal roads and motorways the cars running at about 98 and goes to 100 in say 25mph traffic, has anybody got any ideas?

it has a new 1600 rad, a new thermostat, been flushed numerous times and there are no kinked pipes or airlocks???

Car is now off the road again
richysport

25th Jul 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was the same so ive just taken the therostat out for the summer and it runs fine now but i just let it warm up to about 90 before driving it
and-m

25th Jul 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the rad fan kicking in? Its warm, cars get hot. As long as the fan kicks in I wouldnt worry.
Ian W

25th Jul 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its warm but I think near 100 degrees on a steady 70mph run is being caused by more than hot weather
Adam_B

25th Jul 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normal driving the fan shouldnt really come on. you dont havea daft bodykit blocking the rad or owt do you?
Ian W

25th Jul 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Running a standard GSi fan and a sandard GSi kit

My previous engine used to sit at 90 all the time unless I was stuck in traffic for over 5 mins then used to climb, current engine is using the same rad and fan and is plumbed in exactly the same but running stupidly hot

Ian
Adam_B

25th Jul 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water pump ok?
Ian W

25th Jul 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brand new
Limecat
Banned

25th Jul 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't personally worry about it, people automatically assume that 100 is bad and its boiling but the coolant alters the boiling point and properties of the water.

What ratio of water/coolant are you using? Tie string onto the stat and hover it in a pan of water over a hob, put a thermometer in and watch what temperature it opens at. Even new parts can be faulty!

Rileysport

26th Jul 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when driving mine runs at 90, no more in traffic it'll hit 98 ish. Running with fan fully on atm because i commute into leeds everyday and the weathers far from arctic

New Poll