corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remappable ECU's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remappable ECU's
Warren G

User status: Offline
6th Aug 06 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i have to buy a new ecu, if so who sell them (not talking about £500+ ones ) or can they remap my currant ecu, after all, all the do is change the 'map' for fueling and igntion with is only software. again who do that, and how much and how much for RR? and i live in kent (south East) by the way
Warren G

6th Aug 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone no?
fragpot

7th Aug 06 at 03:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can re-map a normal ECU by means of an EPROM programmer, I dont know of any company in the UK that does this, however i've tried it myself. You need to take an image off your original rom and reprogram a new chip with a matching checksum. You can also tune via OBD2 , which means you dont need to open up the ECU and solder the EPROM. However the equipment for this costs a lot of money.

Your other option is to just go for mapable management like unichip, DTA etc. And your going to be looking at £500+

A rolling road tune is roughly £60 per hour.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Aug 06 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for what you are wanting to do warren, vernier pulleys and no ICV then you need to look at fully mappable systems.

you dont need anything fantastic, try Noble motorsport, they would do you an omex 600 fully fitted and mapped for around £1100 or jamsport do a Go-tec system (I was going to buy this) fully fitted inc mapping and new loom for about £1000.

mapping your standard ecu is a waste of money IMO with the mods you are fitting
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i won't be runnig the vernier pulley on this one, but just have to have a high tick over with no iac valve, so can't see a problem with that really, most people who fitt power boxes use standard ecu don't they, and theres is okay. i understand the piont of a map for my car for the mods, but i can't afford that much
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats how the v6 runs (X25XE i guess) with no iac, and that ticks over okay
Dave A

7th Aug 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running standard ecu with no icv is going to cause probs. I would keep it plugged in and try and balance the throttle manually. may still rev quite high and revs will drop quickly.
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was going to do, keep the standard throttle body with the iac plugged in and have tick over about 1000rpm (ticks over about 900 any way!) did you get my u2u yesterday?do you no what controlls the fuel cut off?
Dave A

7th Aug 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuelling cut-off (on slow down) is controlled by crank sensor and vehicle speed sensor
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good, wont cut out with no iac then, well shouln't! so what about the injectors, i can't understand why you say keep the standard injectors (and i know you no what you are talking about ) my thinking is a 120/130 tuned car should use the 2.0 injectors which come off a 130 bhp car (2.0 ln is a 8v?) which will have a higher flow rate for that v6 throttle body and powerbox??? sorry to be a pain
broster
Premium Member

7th Aug 06 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£450+vat and fuel for the standard ecu to be remapped at jamsport 01604 755529
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv think i will keep the standard ecu and reprogram it to a 1.6, same ecu just different map, which also raise rev limit to 6800rpm (can do this because work for a vauxhall garage, easy) at the price of a ecu i think its not worth it, my engine mods total will be under £500, already got the inlet sorted: custompower box with fse, injectors (£165 with flywheel) and got the 4 branch (£75), just waiting for decat/middlebox to arive(£80),to fit all at once. lightened flywheel already fitted, and cams

[Edited on 07-08-2006 by warren.g]
broster
Premium Member

8th Aug 06 at 06:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why swap the injectors, standard ones are good enough for your mods.
Warren G

8th Aug 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell you what, they have a rr at college, i will run the purple injectors, and then reset the ecu and then use the standard to see the difference, including emissions. (once i fit it )
Dave A

8th Aug 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will overfuel as they will allow more fuel to pass through them when the injector gets a signal to open. the spray pattern is also wrong for a 16v engine.
Warren G

9th Aug 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, didn't thing of that, so the ecu will, say for example inject for 3m/s, the 2.0 litre injectors would be open for the same time, but will flow more fuel due to the greater flow rate, got ya
Dave A

9th Aug 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

presactly
James R

10th Aug 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's different spray patterns of injectors for 16v and 8v engines?? can you explain that?
Warren G

10th Aug 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good question, i noticed on the redtop injectors (blue) that the had 4 holes in the injector whereas the xev ones have 2??
Dave A

10th Aug 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James R
there's different spray patterns of injectors for 16v and 8v engines?? can you explain that?

maybe I should have been a bit clearer. the late 16v xe engines have a better spray pattern than the early 8v engines. they spray in more of a mist than a jet of fuel which helps with fuel atomisation.
Warren G

10th Aug 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for when i set up my throttled bodied ecu (along time away untill complete ), what are the redtop injectors flow rate (blue ones)? thats all the mangment needs to no correct? (will be megasquirt) can't afford much more
fragpot

10th Aug 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

code:

18E yellow 0 280 150 205 170cc/min@2.5 bar
20SEH yellow 0 280 150 725 170cc/min@2.5 bar
20XE creams 0 280 150 744 214cc/min@2.5 bar
C20XE blue 0 280 150 427 241cc/min@3.0 bar
C20LET yellow 0 280 150 420 304cc/min@3.0 bar
Saab red 0 280 150 431 359cc/min@3.0 bar

u2u me if you need any help with megasquirt

New Poll