corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine light????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine light????
JohnNI

User status: Offline
9th Aug 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive an x16xe but engine light has started comin on and wont go off, ive recently put an bmc induction kit on, would this be the cause?
Reaper

9th Aug 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be the air mass sensor if you have just put a induction kit on, if you start loosing power when the lights on it will be your air mass. Just a thought; good luck.
JohnNI

9th Aug 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that sounds like it but it sorta cuts out when its idling, how would i fix it?
Reaper

9th Aug 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that could also be your air idle sensor, damn these sensors! i've replaced them all, if it looses power while driving under pressure like going up a hill and gets worse in time it might be the airmass but if it stalls then it might be your idle or your fly wheel sensor, any more details oof what your engine does and when and i might be able to be a little more accurate
JohnNI

9th Aug 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the cars been in the garage for while, so ive only had short runs in it, when i start it, its ok, but after drivin for a while it would come on. At junctions it feels as if its about to die, and would be jumpy when drivin, but especially when slowin down, but i dont think its fast tho, maybe its because ive havent drove it much. it was ok before i put the induction kit on.
Rob B

9th Aug 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well for one x16xe's dont have an air mass meter i believe, they have a MAF sensor, which wouldnt really be affected by the addition of an induction kit...

IMO if its cutting out its most likely to be the ICV but if you have an EML light on then go get it plugged in and that will tell you whats wrong....
Reaper

9th Aug 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MAF is what i ment; Mass Air Flow or Air mass same sort of thing; sounds like the Fly wheel sensor to me mate; but if the garage have it a plug in will tell them!
JohnNI

9th Aug 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i plug it in, if it is one of them will they need changed or will the computer sort it out? cheers for the help
Reaper

9th Aug 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually you have to have it replaced; just hope thats its not the air mass cos they can be pricy the others are only about £30.
Seirrah

8th Sep 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told I need a new Mass Air Flow Meter, and they charge about £260 for parts and labour. But they're knocking about on ebay for £40 or so.

Also had a rattle which turns out to be a snapped coil! ..and they want £300 for a new front pair! Oh deary me.
Dean_W

8th Sep 06 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seirrah
Also had a rattle which turns out to be a snapped coil! ..and they want £300 for a new front pair! Oh deary me.

Coil, suspension coil?

If so, £300 is a piss take, tell them to fook off.
Seirrah

8th Sep 06 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, suspension coil! £300 for a pair, and I think that was without labour
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Sep 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Ah that could also be your air idle sensor, might be the airmass but if it stalls then it might be your idle or your fly wheel sensor

the x16xe has no 'idle sensor', air mass meter or flywheel sensor

New Poll