corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » indicator malfunction - goes right but not left!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author indicator malfunction - goes right but not left!
wardy83

User status: Offline
18th Aug 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i haven't got a clue about cars, can anybody help?

Bought a car 2 days ago, has been nothing but trouble so far... spend £1000 on an r-reg 1.0 corsa(b) LS... is that good?

Another problem now I have discovered is that it wont indicate left.. the right works fine.. ie bulbs work fine, the dashboard lights up and ticks..

the left side does nothing at all! no green light on dash, no ticking and no lights flashing at back or front of car.

when i put the emergency lights on... the front and back indicator lights woirk fine, so its not a bulb problem.

will this be a faulty indicator arm or wiring? and how easy is this to get to to check...
any pictures would be appreciated!
flash22

18th Aug 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its Prob the stalk 5 min job to change there a common thing to go on some vauxhalls there about £12 new from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INDICATOR-FULL-BEAM-SWITCH-VECTRA-CORSA-ASTRA-OMEGA-CAV_W0QQitemZ160018735178QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[Edited on 18-08-2006 by flash22]
wardy83

18th Aug 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, for your help...
how do I change it... doesn't say in haynes manual! will it definately not be a fuse or loose wiring... i am gonna check it out tonight when i get in from work.

[Edited on 18-08-2006 by wardy83]
flash22

18th Aug 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it in the haynes manual .... you have to remove the the cowling where the stalks are there are 2 screws behind the steering wheel if you turn the wheel you will see them (may have there plastic covers on) and theres 3 screws in the bottom plastic (underneath) then its just clipped together

pull the plug off the stalk the stalk its held in place by 2 clips (one at the top and one at the botom) push these in and slide the stalk out

edit. if you have the blue haynes manual there are pics/instruction on page 12-5

wardy83

18th Aug 06 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool, is there any wiring around the stalk that may cause this to happen? or maybe a fuse which has gone? (if it was a fust im guessing neither of them would work... right?)

also by replacing the stalk will this also make the green light appear and tick when i signal left??? as i said before it works perfectally signalling right!

also dya think i got a good deal on my car? its a 1.0 r -reg corsa ls.. paid £1000 for it.
my first car!! hads loads of stuff wrong with it so far! only had it 3 days
flash22

18th Aug 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very much doubt its a fuse and the wiring rarely fails if the stalks not working it wont indicate in that direction!!!! the stalk is playing up is a common fault (normaily the main beam flash plays up) replacing the stalk should cure it

as for the price i depend where you are in the country a £1000 seems a tad high for a 1.0 but saying that down in the southeast/london you could pay up to £1600 off a dealer for it

what else you had go wrong then ?

another good forum.............. http://www.corsa-b.co.uk (currently down for maintenance) come over and have a look

wardy83

18th Aug 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks again for your help. I just bought a 2nd hand one for £9 as funds are v.low after spending on car.

What else was wrong??
passenger door has something in keyhole so can't lock it from outside.

the clock/temp/date display was broke (moved about) and didn't light up

the aerial was snapped off

its got a small oil leak

the indicator don't work

hard to change gear (have to put foot right down)

the radio was locked.

i can probably think of more!

daz_SRi

18th Aug 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you buy it from a garage or private? Either way did you test drive it?

Im sure as hell i wouldnt of paid £1000 for a car with those faults which would of been evident on road test and a good lookaround with the car

New Poll