corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The game in which I broke my finger...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The game in which I broke my finger...
Ojc

User status: Offline
29th Aug 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....in the god damm warm up First 11-a-side game in 11 years

The thing we missed was the physical side of things and trying to play 5-a-side football with short one twos when we should have been playing hoof ball.

Linear United FC v Los Amigos FC

Linear played their last pre-season friendly against Los Amigos. Los Amigos are predominantly a 6-aside team who play on Monday night, and with the addition of several other players, agreed to have a friendly against Linear to help build up fitness and team morale.

The game was played in good spirits from the off and the game was evenly matched. In the opening 10 minutes. Linear created several good chances before captain Peggy headed in the opener. Linear soon made it 2-0 thanks to a well-taken goal from new signing Adrian, his first goal for Linear. At the other end Los Amigos wasted two good chances when through on goal. Linear started to gain control of the game in the middle of the half and the constant pressure soon led to Imran making it 3 – 0 with a peach of a half volley into the top corner of the net. Possibly an early goal of the season contender. The score was soon 4 – 0 after some more good play between the forwards with Dave Evans scoring his first goal of the season.

Linear made 3 changes at half time bringing on reserves goalkeeper Cowman and full backs Ross and Alan. Despite the changes Linear continued to press home their advantage and Dean made the score 5 – 0 from the penalty spot. Linear made further changes brining on Martin, Steve, Nick and Dan and after 5 minutes of refining their shape, Linear continued to press forward. Despite some showboating upfront, Peggy scored another goal of the season contender with an audacious shot with the outside of his boot to make the score 6 – 0. Martin then scored his first goals for Linear with 2 well taken headers after good work down the flanks. Final score 8 – 0.

Well played to Los Amigos who gave Linear a good game and were unlucky not to have scored themselves. If they were to play more 11 aside games they would easily be able to compete in our Division. Plans are already in place for a rematch on both the 6 aside and 11 aside fields.

Linear are now unbeaten in their last 5 games and during pre-season have netted 15 goals and conceded only 3. If Linear can continue this form into the start of the season they will undoubtedly be looking down on the teams below them……

P.B.

--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Aug 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC and the whipping boys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The game in which I broke my finger... 24 database queries in 0.0081110 seconds