corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » distortion question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author distortion question
eazy187

User status: Offline
8th Sep 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want to run new front speakers from 50W max pioneer HU-what should they be rated at so there is no distortion at full volume?
thanks
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

8th Sep 06 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will still get distortion from any front speakers at full volume unless you amp them.
eazy187

8th Sep 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if they are 50W max?
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

8th Sep 06 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes when your headuni it at full the sound quality isnt the best and not even being amped going 2 a set of speakers you will hear them distort.
If you dont turn it up full and just get some nice components it will sound better than standard.
eazy187

8th Sep 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of rating should the comps be?
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

8th Sep 06 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what your budget is. My mate has some nice Alpine Type R components and they were £119 and running through an Apline 2 channel amp sound amazing. If you are thinking of getting a good quality system and have a bit of cash to spend JL sound really really good.
eazy187

8th Sep 06 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't want to spend too much. is there any point in getting comps with a high rating if their just running of my HU?
b4l

9th Sep 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
Depends what your budget is. My mate has some nice Alpine Type R components and they were £119 and running through an Apline 2 channel amp sound amazing. If you are thinking of getting a good quality system and have a bit of cash to spend JL sound really really good.

the type R comps are very high quality and must be amplified to have the full benefit of them

eazy187 you want alpine sxe-1750s
these have the separate mid and tweeter and they dont have the fuss of a crossover. they are low range alpines with a nice light cone structure and small magnets on them so they are easy for the headunit to power.
the sound quality is excellent if you position the tweeters correctly. i have owned these myself and was very impressed

and the best thing is they are only £35!!!! +postage

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2988&cadid=11e8885a96ff9b2903ea79d5080ebd8e

probably cheaper on ebay
eazy187

12th Sep 06 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4605
would this amp be okay to power them if i turned the gain down?
also, i already have an active sub and my HU only has 1 remote connection,
well there is one for extending an aerial (not sure if that would do the job?), is there any way to have both connected to the same one?
and not sure about wireing the components
sorry for all the questions!

New Poll