corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Young Drivers...

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Young Drivers...
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Sep 06 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the assets would go somewhere, the insurance would have to pay someone, unless they really have no other family
CorsAsh

20th Sep 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how glad am i that Dan B isnt in charge of the country 75bhp for me?
andy1868

20th Sep 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i haven't read the whole thread because its getting very long very quickly so tell me to shut up if you wish, but surely wont that kind of thing mean more people driving without insurance? alot of people out there who are 18 would not be wanting to drive a car under 80hp or whatever , i know i don't. they'll just go out and buy a faster car and just not bother insuring it, as far as i can see

[Edited on 20-09-2006 by andy1868]
Dan B

20th Sep 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
i haven't read the whole thread because its getting very long very quickly so tell me to shut up if you wish, but surely wont that kind of thing mean more people driving without insurance? alot of people out there who are 18 would not be wanting to drive a car under 80hp or whatever , i know i don't. they'll just go out and buy a faster car and just not bother insuring it, as far as i can see

[Edited on 20-09-2006 by andy1868]

That's OK, just execute anyone on the spot, found to be driving a car without a licence, without insurance, without MOT, without tax, and outside during the curfew-hours (did I mention that anyone under the age of 25 has to be inside their own home before 9pm, and the ankle-tag fitted at birth only gets removed on your 25th birthday?)

*disclaimer - the above post may contain small amounts of sarcasm, and should not be taken seriously*

[Edited on 20-09-2006 by Dan B]
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

execution. thats a great idea
JadeM
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree their should be tougher penalties for driving with no papers!!

castration so they cant reproduce would be another good idea
andy1868

20th Sep 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't understand where you're coming from dan, i wasn't saying anything about punishment at all, just pointing out more and more people would be tempted to drive illegally
Azreal677

20th Sep 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets face it guys, the way we are taught how to drive nowadays is not how to drive on the roads, its how to pass your driving test. Learning to drive is totally different, especially on british roads.

Either the test needs to be changed or there needs to be a continuation of lessons after the test is passed.

My take on things
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree
Dan B

20th Sep 06 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
i don't understand where you're coming from dan, i wasn't saying anything about punishment at all, just pointing out more and more people would be tempted to drive illegally

It wasn't really a serious reply, but if the punishment was harsh enough (no, not execution ), then the people who are currently borderline between deciding whether to insure their car or not or not probably wouldn't risk getting caught with no insurance.

At the moment, you get a slap on the wrist and a few numbers/letters printed on your licence - what kind of deterrent is that? The fine you get is probably less than your insurance would have cost in the first place, if it's bad enough that you're already considering not paying it.
Cosmo

20th Sep 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent read the whole thread (as cant be arsed going over 6 pages), but think its stupid limiting the cars to 80bhp, as thats still enough to get them to 60mph or less normally which is what they'll crash at anyway.

Maybe making it harder to pass, more lessons required after the pass (pass plus mandatory) and also maybe another test after 6 or 12months to make sure they havent picked up bad habits like most do.
Dan B

20th Sep 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about mandatory pass-mark of 100% in the theory-test? That may get rid of a few people who have no clue about driving...
Cosmo

20th Sep 06 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
How about mandatory pass-mark of 100% in the theory-test? That may get rid of a few people who have no clue about driving...

the theory test is shoot though, half the stuff is things you'd never encounter in real life (not within the first 10yrs of driving atleast!), its more the practical that would make the difference.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 06 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the test should be done as coursework, not a test.

ALL lessons should be filmed, and sent off for assesment, then the assesor would be able to see any major fuck ups which are dangerous.
AK

21st Sep 06 at 03:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan - theory test doesnt mean you are a good driver. It means a few things

1) Good generall knowledge/common sense
2) Good at studying/brainy

I have seen a lot of folk that ace the theory because they are smart, but cannot drive for shit.

Same example goes for sport etc. A lot of really intelligent people have bugger all co-ordination.
A lot of MINCE HEEDS are great drivers, with great reactions, awareness, coordination etc.

Being smart isnt the answer to good driving, it just helps in the theory.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Young Drivers... 23 database queries in 0.0175099 seconds