corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » underside of your cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author underside of your cars
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
24th Sep 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah altho u can get any colour. my original plan was just to stonechip it using white stonechip but my painter mate advised me not too as over time it turns kinda yellowy... he painted it for me for the grand sum of 40 including the paint (i tape it all off) top bloke my mate. that included him driving to my house 12/15 miles and supplying paint n etch primer and taking the time to do it maybe an hour n a half blasted it all..
jr

24th Sep 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Oh, so it's the black stuff then?

no

stone chip is grey or white usally, is rubberised, whats along the bottom of the sills on most cars in body colour
ed

24th Sep 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm slightly confused. I think I will carry on with my original plan of waxoyling the under side of the car and treating the rust patches instead
STEvieXE

24th Sep 06 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah paint it. but to be honest if its rusty id personally get another shell to begin with... mine was year 2k and a few wee blisteres starting on the bottom of the chassis leg (if u get down and look up at it) nothin major and to be honest i dont think ull get many with less to begin with. another place is under the roof skin at the front between the support bars and the roof skin there is a wee blister, not thru the paint yet cant do much with it coz of wwhere its at. ill just try and get my belt sander in and paint over it and wax the life outta it... all on the inside...
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Sep 06 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the underside of my brothers viva. half stonechipped at the back and washing old stonechip off with cellulose thinners(gunwash) out of a spray gun at the front. did it in sections as we didn't have very hich axle stands. haven't got any pics of the powdercoated trailing arms, painted rear axle and powdercoated lowering springs for some reason

This is the underside all sanded down and a coat of etch primer before the stone chip went on

I used 3M bag sealer as it has a hardener in it so it goes of like paint and is rock solid. could paint it but it dries glossy and is close to the coulour of the car so gonna leave it how it is.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » underside of your cars 24 database queries in 0.0127959 seconds