corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Need help with HTML Divs - Web geeks in here :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help with HTML Divs - Web geeks in here :)
Sims

User status: Offline
27th Sep 06 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey lads and ladies.

Not sure if you've seen my other post >After Some Constructive Advice< where i was designing the template for my site, but now i'm at the stage of putting it into a page.

I've decided this time to go the DIV root instead of Tables. And i'm finding it tricky to get the result i want.

I've got an overall master-container which is 80%. Then what i want to happen is when the broswer resizes, for everything to scale nicely. I've done this nicely with tables in the past.

My problem is when you resize your broswer and its smaller than the width of the example images in the center of the page, that the divs for the Header / Footer continue to shrink, and the content div doesn't.

Advice would be great on how to solve this. please excuse graphics issues which need resolving. I would like to not use tables because of the untidy <tr>s <td>s

---> The Aspx Web Page

---> The CSS File Within a ASP.net Theme

Cheerz, Simsy

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by Sims]
Sims

27th Sep 06 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advanced warning if you were going to view in FF. i just installed it and its all messed up. Think its to do with absolute positioning on the header divs which are supposed to be layer over each other. Will try to resolve tomorrow.

If its to much of a pain to get it working nicely in IE, FF, Opera and NS then its back to tables

[Edited on 27-09-2006 by Sims]
James

27th Sep 06 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

divs + firefox = gay
Sims

27th Sep 06 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, that doesn't fill me with much hope. might have to go back to tables because they are more predictable in different browsers

New Poll