corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Valencia... can they do it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Valencia... can they do it?
PhilC

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can Valencia keep up with Barca, or even take the title away. They've done it before, and kept close right to the end.

For those who don't know, or can't be bothered researching, Valencia and Barca are joint top, with Barca ahead on goal difference. The 1st meeting between them this season finished 1 - 1. Real Madrid dropped points yesterday in the Madrid derby, after a 1 - 1 draw with former Valencia striker, Mista, netting for Athletico.

Also, are there any other Valencia fans on here, or just me? Are they your 1st team, or just your 'Spanish Team'?
Cosmo

2nd Oct 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see them doing it TBH, its only early days so a long way to go yet. Kind of like saying will Bolton keep up with the top teams as they are up there at the moment...although Valencia do have a better team than Bolton

See what its like by Christmas then it'll show the real story.
Robbo

2nd Oct 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh both myself and MarkM are big fans of Che!!! As Spanish sides though!

Some fantastic signings and clearing out the muck (except Aimar ) and Eto'o's injury should combine for a great season!!!
phil_mcrakkin

2nd Oct 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Cant see them doing it TBH, its only early days so a long way to go yet. Kind of like saying will Bolton keep up with the top teams as they are up there at the moment...although Valencia do have a better team than Bolton

See what its like by Christmas then it'll show the real story.

bolton will still be up there come May, just wait till anelka starts performing
Jamie Walby

2nd Oct 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see no reason why they couldnt go all the way this year.

Held Barca at Camp Nou and looked good IMO. Watched the game last night V Gimnastic and again, I was impressed.

Edu looks to be playing some of his bes football and if Joaquin can continue the form he was in last night they will certainly be there at the top at the end of the season.
J da Silva

2nd Oct 06 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing with Valencia is if they don't have a regular experienced head such as Albelda or Ayala, it all goes tits up, Villa is a great assett, he'll be better this year as Aimar won't be bypassing him all the time, as he's gone to Zaragoza.
MarkM

3rd Oct 06 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fancy them for the title...

If it wasnt for Eto's injury I would say Barca...but now as long as Villa stays fit I can see them going all the way...
Tommy

3rd Oct 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see them doing it, IMO Barca will only need to pick up the pace while Valencia are playing top of their game

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Valencia... can they do it? 24 database queries in 0.0067580 seconds