corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax/Insurance Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tax/Insurance Question
stubs

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 06 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it possible to tax a car at the post office without showing the insurance certificate? I'm thinking that with everything going computerised, I should be able to supply my policy number & be ok? Surely the DVLA check it anyway when they process the payment?

Reason I ask, is that I've not recieved my certificate from my insurers, and they're telling me it was sent out on 26th Aug. They want to charge me for a duplicate, which I think is unfair as they wont provide proof of delivery!
Rob_Lee
Banned

3rd Oct 06 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no - you need insurance
stubs

3rd Oct 06 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do have insurance.. just not a copy of the (quite easliy fakeable) "certificate"

It will let you do it online without providing a copy of your certificate, but I just dont want to wait for it to arrive..
Jules S
Premium Member

3rd Oct 06 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did mine over the phone last week, I just quoted the V5 ref number

No insurance details req'd or MOT
Dione J

3rd Oct 06 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are insured, you can do it online without showing any papers - they will check the online database for both the M.O.T & Insurance

ps - tax disc takes 4 days to come through and you will need to get this done before the middle of the month upon expiry
stubs

3rd Oct 06 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by d_jay50
and you will need to get this done before the middle of the month upon expiry

What do you mean by this?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax/Insurance Question 23 database queries in 0.0124979 seconds