corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover Sport HSE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Range Rover Sport HSE
MarkM

User status: Offline
8th Oct 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice edit from Ian there
antonOO2

yes they are all auto but you can override with a shifter button
Jenko_Sport

Well once iv got my new gearbox and cluth it i WILL be taking it for a rolling road run as i am curious what its running before the serious mods start.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 06 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still needs kickdown to get in the powerband.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
i am curious what its running before the serious mods start.
Good plan - ideally you need to do a run before the mods are fitted and then one after.

The difference will tell you more than the outright power figure. Might be that you get 95bhp on the second run and you think your mods have given you 5bhp, when in fact you were down on power before and they've given you 15. Or the other way around, you get 95bhp because the road has miscalculated your transmission loss, and it looks like you gained 5bhp, when in fact the car would have read 95bhp beforehand.

If you want accuracy you need to strap the engine straight to the dyno which unless you need accuracy is not necessary.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
Well once iv got my new gearbox and cluth it i WILL be taking it for a rolling road run as i am curious what its running before the serious mods start.

if you take it to a decent accurate rr, dont Be surprised to see it make less than factory, you have to take into account the age and wear on the engine, coupled with the fact that your mods wont add power and may lose you some, stands a good chance they will be minus factory
Robin
Premium Member

8th Oct 06 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say that steve, but some engines make more power.

some.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 06 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some indeed

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Range Rover Sport HSE 23 database queries in 0.0126989 seconds