corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LMF Vauxhall Payment Query

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LMF Vauxhall Payment Query
Wrighty_1988

User status: Offline
16th Oct 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, i tried to order some softstar wheels from LMF yesterday and it said there was an error with the payment twice, so today i phoned them up to order it over the phone they try and it rejects my card, even though there is plenty of cash on my card, i then phone up HSBC and get some help, it seems that there is a payment pending to LMF to the sum it was going to cost me, so my available credit has gone down 239 quid but they havent actually taken it, i then phoned up LMF once again and they say that my card could have been shadowed and that it would take a few days for the pending payment to be cancelled and for me to be able to buy them.

My question is, is this pheasable and is it a common occurance ?

Thankies.

[Edited on 16-10-2006 by Wrighty_1988]
Russ 200sx

16th Oct 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a hell of a problem yesterday in Esso garage with my hsbc card, put the petrol in went to pay...declined my card so i thought oh (after going bright red)...there may not be any money in my account so i try our joint account card where i know there is plenty of money in there and declined that too...i was like...i have no other way of paying so they gave me an iou as they said there has been a couple of hsbc cards like this in the morning, took my name address and reg number. well p*ssed off by now, went to actual hsbc cash machine and it worked, so then i had to go back to the petrol station and pay the money back, i have never had to ever go through that before in my life and i was very angry but later that day we went to adsa shopping WITH CASH lol, and the same was happening to other people at the checkouts with trolleys full of shopping grrrrr ..... shame on HSBC

[Edited on 16-10-2006 by Russ 200sx]
Wrighty_1988

16th Oct 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u gotta be shizzling me, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday, had to make an IOU to the garage and go to tesco's to get some money out

Anyone got an answer to my previous question ?
Ojc

16th Oct 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate at work had exact same problem the other day buying his lunch at the pub, went and got cash out no problem.
dna23

17th Oct 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to happen at work quite a lot on the web orders, basically the bank have ok'd payment and it therefore appears to go through but one reason or another when LMF ran there on payment checks e.g. cvc number, card matches address .etc it hasn't authorised... so it's now floating around in what we call a "holding account" and it should once your bank realise LMF have rejected it re-appear in 3-5days.... It was always a very grey area when we had to explain it to customers but 95% of the time happened so no worries

If for some bizarre reason it has gone out and doesnt reappear contact LMF explain to them, tell them you've contacted the bank who've confirmed its gone out and send them a copy of your invoice.

LMF should be able to tell using their online system whether a payment has failed or not aswell as in their banking if they're run properly so just give it a few days and if there is no luck then give em a bell.
Wrighty_1988

19th Oct 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dna23
Used to happen at work quite a lot on the web orders, basically the bank have ok'd payment and it therefore appears to go through but one reason or another when LMF ran there on payment checks e.g. cvc number, card matches address .etc it hasn't authorised... so it's now floating around in what we call a "holding account" and it should once your bank realise LMF have rejected it re-appear in 3-5days.... It was always a very grey area when we had to explain it to customers but 95% of the time happened so no worries

If for some bizarre reason it has gone out and doesnt reappear contact LMF explain to them, tell them you've contacted the bank who've confirmed its gone out and send them a copy of your invoice.

LMF should be able to tell using their online system whether a payment has failed or not aswell as in their banking if they're run properly so just give it a few days and if there is no luck then give em a bell.

Amazing Knowledge and Help.

Makes me wish this site had a rating system for people
broster
Premium Member

19th Oct 06 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hsbc had some issues the other day, your not the only one, has happened before, when i worked in halfords, the card machine didnt accept hsbc cards for a while.
Wrighty_1988

19th Oct 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, i looked a right pillock when my card kept getting rejected. Can i sue HSBC for mental and reputation damges ?

New Poll