corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa LET Conversion Questions and Answers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa LET Conversion Questions and Answers
ELG4N

User status: Offline
19th Oct 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently doing a C20LET Calibra Turbo Engine conversion into a 1.4 8v corsa SRi. Also using the F28 Six Speed Gearbox.

Theres varying information about the web, but heres what ive done so far, and some un answered questions i have..

Driveshafts Due to the engine being spaced over 10mm, Calibra Turbo Passenger Shaft (same as cav GSi etc, cut 10mm off one end and moved the circlip groove back 10mm to suit. Cavalier/Calibra XE Equal Length Driverside Shaft Unmodified. I also understand mk2 astra gte shafts are a same length as the corsa and go straight in!

Hubs Big Block Calibra/Cavalier Hubs Machined down to fit the corsa bearing. Can then keep the std Cav/Calibra CV Joints. I purchased 5 stud machined hubs from Chris Astley Motorsport

Engine Mounts I have a Type 1 Engine bay, Mounts purchased from Chris Astley Motorsport, Including F28 Mount. Standard Corsa Rubbers Used all round.

F28 Gearbox 3 Holes Drilled and Tapped to accomodate Rear Engine Mount. F28 Conversion Plate from Regal (Cheapest, just remember to order an F20 Driveshaft oil seal seperatley!) Another option is to machine an F20 diff carrier plate to fit.

Tie Bars Again, Lowering blocks ordered from Chris Astley Motorsport. Only thing not supplied is longer bolts, but Vauxhall Cylinder Head Bolts have the same thread and do the job ok.

Engine Bay No modifications necessary to engine bay, Highly recommend at least a stich weld, or even better a full plating kit to hold things together!

Wiring Absolute Doddle, Remove original wiring loom withj the 1.4 engine, simply unplugs in footwell and pulls through. Feed LET loom into the footwell, then join colour to colour between the corsa in car loom and the LET engine loom. Mount ECU and Fuel Relay.
In the engine bay, Starter Motor and Altenator need to be connected to the Corsa harness. Again Colours Match like for like. Things like the LET Oil level wiring can be junked. The LET Coil Needs to be mounted, I used the Pass Side Chassis Rail. To make things a bit tidyer, i cut the corsa plugs from the old 1.4 Engine Loom to keep things "factory"

Fuel Pump I believe all Multi Point Injection Corsa's standard fuel pumps are fine. If starting out with a Single Point Injection you will need to change the In tank Fuel Pump. Access under rear bench seat??

Header Tank

Radiator and Fan

Gear Linkage

If anyone has any additions to the information above, and some answers to the three unanswered points above, please reply. Im trying to compile a fitting guide of sorts.

Thank you
SwN

19th Oct 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Header Tank

Use std corsa one

Radiator and Fan

Guy that is doing mine is using a rover 214 fan as its slimmer and a wee bit more powerful than std corsa one , also using my standard 1.2 Radiator.

Ste L

19th Oct 06 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S.Nelson
quote:

Header Tank

Use std corsa one

Radiator and Fan

Guy that is doing mine is using a rover 214 fan as its slimmer and a wee bit more powerful than std corsa one , also using my standard 1.2 Radiator.

i though you would use the twin outlet header tank?
ELG4N

19th Oct 06 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i though you would use the twin outlet header tank?

i thought as much, which model corsas have these std? mines got one outlet blanked off
Ste L

19th Oct 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one a td,
but 1.0 12v's have them, and gsi's i think
SwN

19th Oct 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right forgot to mention which model it came from
ELG4N

19th Oct 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btt, linkage, rad?

any additions to the above info?
jazzer2k3

19th Oct 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ur using a 6 speed box, ull need to grind the plastic in the inside where the gear stick is so u can get 5th and 6th

O and i think, hte linkage hits the bulk head in a corsa ? Not 100% Cos my mate fitted quick shift gear linkage - and he had to cut and weld it to make is shorter too

[Edited on 19-10-2006 by jazzer2k3]
SwN

19th Oct 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do have to change the linkage slightly by welding a new wee pice of metal to it so it adjusts correctly , i didnt have to grind the plastic though to get 5 & 6th on my previous corsa turbo , Radiator - just use std corsa one m8

[Edited on 19-10-2006 by S.Nelson]
jazzer2k3

19th Oct 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm u sure ?? Cos 1st wud become 3rd ... and reverse is 1st ... Maybe thats jus quick shift tho . . .
SwN

19th Oct 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye all we had to do was bugger about adjusting the selector from under the car until we got all gears inc reverse , bit of a pain bit got there in the end

[Edited on 19-10-2006 by S.Nelson]
steve_b

19th Oct 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a bigger radiator for my xe conversion, its now for sale, check the link below. also have a twin outlet spec r headertank for sale.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=314321
ELG4N

20th Oct 06 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btt
Jambo

20th Oct 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this should be in HZMA

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa LET Conversion Questions and Answers 23 database queries in 0.0319850 seconds