corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Should i be annoyed?--Update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Should i be annoyed?--Update
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
24th Oct 06 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car went to my local ford dealer yesterday for some warrant work. However non of the work was done and i was told i need to re-book. No probs i thought ( i work in service so no what it can be like with parts etc.)

Get in the car when i finsh work ( they collected and delivered car) and saw petrol gauge a 1/4 less than when it went. I no they collected it but its a 3 mile round trip! This got me thinking......so i checked the MPG and it was on 23.8---> it was 31 when they collected. I've never had it lower than 28 and i drive quite hard! Clearly been ragging my car!!
Checked round the car and found big kerb marks on the n/s/r alloy!!

Does the service manager need a call??
Thanks for reading

[Edited on 24-10-2006 by mikenoncorsa]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well. Yes.

Also name that dealer

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Marc

24th Oct 06 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, I'd threaten them with a letter to head office too.
jr

24th Oct 06 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd call the delaer principle
johnhara1

24th Oct 06 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prove it tho???

i know someone that works in a well established car garage and i can tell you all cars that have a bit power get the arse ragged off of them guaranteed.
mikenoncorsa

24th Oct 06 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prove what?
So its my fault for owning a quick, desirable car? I dont' spen £xxxxxx so some random techy can go rag the shit out of it! Don't say such stupid remarks! I work for volvo as a service advisor, that is not good service at all!!
Marc

24th Oct 06 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the car?? Obviously isn't a Vauxhall
johnhara1

24th Oct 06 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
Prove what?
So its my fault for owning a quick, desirable car? I dont' spen £xxxxxx so some random techy can go rag the shit out of it! Don't say such stupid remarks! I work for volvo as a service advisor, that is not good service at all!!

hows it a stupid remark i didnt say anything was your fault!!! what i meant was how can you prove that they have ragged your car they will simply deny it and say the wheel was already kerbed and when it comes to the milage being under than what you normally have it at all you have is your word. I dont condone (sp) ragging peoples cars about it pisses me right off but i know that it happens and all im saying is how can you prove they have done it.

Good luck, your best bet is to take it up with the manager\supervisor and hopefully you'll get it sorted or a letter goes to the big bosses.

mikenoncorsa

24th Oct 06 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, sorry...just slightly pissed off!! Its a fiesta ST. My pride and joy. Just spoke to the service manager and he said he'll look into it further and phone me back. My car in going back in next monday to have the warranty work done but i don't wanna take it there! kinda stuck now tho as can't get time off work to go to the dealer i brought it from.

I no how cars work. In simple terms....Low MPG over not many miles= ragged. My word against theres i know, but, customer is always right!!
johnhara1

24th Oct 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs, good luck m8. nice cars the fiesta st was tempted by one myself.

kick up a big fuss, and threaten them with everything, papers, head bosses the works unless its sorted out. If i was you before it goes back to them take photos of the milage \ mpg etc (time and date showing) and check it when you get it back If you complain before hand they may just bodge the work that actually needs doing.

[Edited on 24-10-2006 by johnhara1]
Nismo

24th Oct 06 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is why i allways reset the mileometer when ever i drop a car off or have any work done , and i allways advise the dealer that its reset and i know how many miles the car is on.
ClaireF

24th Oct 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep when me mates car went to a garage to be fixxed as someone went into her. she had an extra 100miles on clock, damage to airbag and scratch on car, so it had to go back.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
this is why i allways reset the mileometer when ever i drop a car off or have any work done , and i allways advise the dealer that its reset and i know how many miles the car is on.

surely if you tell them youve reset it, then they will just go and rag it then reset it when they are finished
mav

24th Oct 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who can you trust with your car nowadays

(oh you work for volvo? cheap parts )

[Edited on 24-10-2006 by mav]
J.p

24th Oct 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

surely if you tell them youve reset it, then they will just go and rag it then reset it when they are finished

he knows how many miles it done before it went in.

Marc

24th Oct 06 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another case of proving it though. Unless you point it out to the dealer beforehand its your word against theirs.
mikenoncorsa

24th Oct 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After several long discussions and then one with the general manager, my car is going back next monday to have the warranty work done and the wheel repaired! Just want it done so i can keep my car away from them. Thanks for reading.
JM_16v

24th Oct 06 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

make note of the overl milleage
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
John

25th Oct 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can change the overall mileage if they really want though.
Gaz

25th Oct 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your sending it back to them?!?! thats like sending food back in a restrant, i would follow their everymove mate.

If its a big dealer im sure you can request another local dealer (of the same company) to complete the work and then the first dealer pays for the work.

My mates done this with his dads Van. its a renualt and was taken in to "Arnald clark" they fucked a few things up cutting looms etc and he requested it doesn not go back to them but another local ranualt place. Arnaold clark are going to pay for the work PLUS inconveince AND loss of work (so i have been told)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Should i be annoyed?--Update 24 database queries in 0.0156679 seconds