corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dyno run at Regal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dyno run at Regal
slugger_54132

User status: Offline
31st Oct 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i think these results are way to high!

My maths made the BHP nearer to 126 which seems more accurate

138! So 123 as standard means according to regal flowmaster gained me 15bhp! Somehow i dont think so!

When i go to chippeduk will see what they come up with!

Does anyone know how to convert BHP at the wheels to BHP at the fly?!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

31st Oct 06 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did they give you a BHP@ wheels figure?

it cant really be converted as its worked out by transmission and friction losses so it will always be different for different cars.

oh and if you take it to chippeduk for one of their superduper 1 hour remaps you will probably get 165 bhp on their rolling road.
slugger_54132

31st Oct 06 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
did they give you a BHP@ wheels figure?

it cant really be converted as its worked out by transmission and friction losses so it will always be different for different cars.

oh and if you take it to chippeduk for one of their superduper 1 hour remaps you will probably get 165 bhp on their rolling road.

Know a few people that have been before, so hoping for around 135-140. Know someone with 1.8, panel filter, cat back and remap and they got 142.

The figure at the wheels I think is 97bhp

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by slugger_54132]
Jules

31st Oct 06 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regal have the worst customer service EVER! I've tried ringing them - no answer, leaving a message on their answer machine - never get back to me, tried emailing them - no reply.
How the fuck these guys are still in business is anyones guess!
I know it's not just me that's had this problem with them neither
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 06 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say the fly figure is more acurate, whilst at chipwizards the other day we did a little test.

same car.

did a run got some figures, both wheel and fly

did another run and sprayed some glue on the rollers, this increased the grip, but gave a 5bhp difference at the wheels, and a .5bhp difference at the fly after it had been corrected.

so if you have cars with slightly less air in their tyres or to much then it will throw the wheel figure all over the shop....
slugger_54132

31st Oct 06 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
id say the fly figure is more acurate, whilst at chipwizards the other day we did a little test.

same car.

did a run got some figures, both wheel and fly

did another run and sprayed some glue on the rollers, this increased the grip, but gave a 5bhp difference at the wheels, and a .5bhp difference at the fly after it had been corrected.

so if you have cars with slightly less air in their tyres or to much then it will throw the wheel figure all over the shop....

Is it best to run a car with the standard inflation when doing a dyno or stick a bit of extra air in?
Dave A

31st Oct 06 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard
Dave A

31st Oct 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by slugger_54132
Know someone with 1.8, panel filter, cat back and remap and they got 142.

so 20ish bhp from an airfilter and 1 hour remap? thats my point proved about chipped uk then.
slugger_54132

31st Oct 06 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by slugger_54132
Know someone with 1.8, panel filter, cat back and remap and they got 142.

so 20ish bhp from an airfilter and 1 hour remap? thats my point proved about chipped uk then.

I dont see why not, cat back will add some bhp. Regal qoute that they can get a standard 1.8 to 140 with just a remap which i think is crap.

After i have been there i will take it somewhere else to try and verify the bhp, try and pick a day and time that is similar conditions. Wont be 100% the same, but will give a close enough indication of the output!
Jambo

31st Oct 06 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rang regal and they answered they are probably with customers if they dont answer, and from working in a shop the person infront of you gets priority over someone phoning up

*i too emailed them and they didnt reply tho, which was annoying, i dont get companies that leave email address' but never reply

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by Jambo]
slugger_54132

31st Oct 06 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I rang regal and they answered they are probably with customers if they dont answer, and from working in a shop the person infront of you gets priority over someone phoning up

*i too emailed them and they didnt reply tho, which was annoying, i dont get companies that leave email address' but never reply

[Edited on 31-10-2006 by Jambo]

They have always been good with me, like phoning back when they say they would, answering phones. But have heard a lot of complaints about them.

Its also knowing who to talk to there, you only wanna talk to either of the two owners, Karen or Chris.

I sometimes get the feeling they only offer good customer service to those spending mega money on conversions. If you aint then they aint too bothered

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dyno run at Regal 23 database queries in 0.0136368 seconds