corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 4x4 Corsa B

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4x4 Corsa B
ed

User status: Offline
27th Nov 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth it if you enjoy building it. It's not going to be worth the money you spend on it though.

The only reason I'd take it on is for a 'technical exercise' to see if I could pull it off
emmett

27th Nov 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha!!yeh true.If I enjoy building it then it wont be too bad!If I just do a bit here and there!But Im hoping that costs shouldnt be too much!Touch wood!Cus Ill get most of the parts from a scrappy!!
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i think it would be worth it, it'd be a one off, awesome show car that has the potential to anialate some big cars, you'd get amazing traction, amazing handling, why wouldn't it be worth it? I know everyone will say "go n buy a 4x4 car, but then you could say "why make a corsa have 200bhp? Why not just go n get a 200bhp car?" plus i like things to be "special"!!!
Jake

27th Nov 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy has said there are a few 4x4 corsas so how will it be a one off? I think you're abit of a dreamer as you clearly have no idea how much work is involved

awaits a muppetsport reply
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
Beardy has said there are a few 4x4 corsas so how will it be a one off? I think you're abit of a dreamer as you clearly have no idea how much work is involved

awaits a muppetsport reply

i am a dreamer, but in that post i never said i was actually gonna do it, ok so it's not a ONE off but it would be fucking rare!!!
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of reply would you like jake? but yes, its nowhere near as simple as you think. there is far far more involved, especially around the transfer box issues, would need a fixed one for starters, then the independant rear set up from the calibra needs to be mounted to the back of the corsa.

basically, unless you have 100% knowledge about such things like suspension geometries and are truly gifted in custom fabrications of things, i wouldnt even dream about it at all.

you cant just 'put' or 'make' it 4 wheel drive. you have to build and modify whatever 4wheel drive sey up you choose around the corsa, which as ak said, putting a corsa shell ontop of a 4x4 system is easier.

realistically, i can only think of very very few people on here that would be capable of it (including me and the team)
emmett

27th Nov 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh,u show me 5 4x4 corsas,then okay!!but until then I reckon it is NEAR ENUFF a one off!!!!not exactly common
pdwhelan

27th Nov 06 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just make it happen and take progress pics as you go
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emmett
yeh,u show me 5 4x4 corsas,then okay!!but until then I reckon it is NEAR ENUFF a one off!!!!not exactly common

it probably is more common than you think, although i doubt they will run vauxhall engines and will be mostly used for rallycross etc
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well isn't there a twin engined nova?? I know of a few twin engined mini's?? If they can do it / get it done i can't see why i couldn't make / pay someone to make a corsa 4x4 / twin engined.
Cupra Steve
Banned

27th Nov 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was said by beardy in another thread.....
Used 4x4 system from Calibra Turbo.
Increased front track with of corsa so that it is the same as the calibras. (as using calibra driveshafts all round)
Removed steering rack & refitted 30mm higher up bulkhead so as to clear transferbox. Still very tight though.
Fabricated new lower crossmember to accept rear gearbox mount.

Rear- cut original corsa floor pan out to behind front seats. Weld in Calibra floor pan to mount original calibra independant rear suspension & diff. Petrol tank fabricated in boot.

Prop shaft shortened by 180mm. (taken from the the third section of the shaft at the rear diff end).

It is possible to do, but involves a lot of time to make parts, fit them, remove them, modifiy them then refit them etc.

and has been done before a few times
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i know of a fella in durhum built one, i got a group buy on my alloy flywheel and injectors off him, he showed me pics of it and was talking about how much of a twat to do it was, that was a few years ago now
emmett

29th Nov 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info!!
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

29th Nov 06 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out the latest PPC (practical performance car) magazine, theres a 4x4 xe corsa in there. Took the front end and rear end off a cavalier turbo. He said that the width wasn't much different.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

29th Nov 06 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/issue.asp?issue=current

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
emmett

29th Nov 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy!!
Jake

29th Nov 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who else has visions of a snakes and ladders 4x4 corsa?
STEvieXE

29th Nov 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates doing a mk3 astra saloon 4*4
im starting to put a cavalier 4*4 floor in it over the xmas holidays

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll