corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE ----> X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE ----> X16XE
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 06 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've checked Ed's tutorial and I understand that the engines are virtually the same, however I was under the influence that I needed to change the ECU, if i was going from X14 to X16 ?? Whereas in Ed's tutorial he says it isn't nececery to change the ECU, so long as they are both ecotecs ??

If I did change the ECU, I assume the transponder and key chip would have to be changed also ??

I realise these sorts of questions are asked on a daily basis, but this is probably the only grey area i have at the min...

The reason for asking, is that I wouldn't mind getting an X16XE as a bit of a project that I could strip down, re-build and add some fancy parts in along the way, with a view to fit it sometime next year...

Mase
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Nov 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use an x16xe ecu. only the very late x14xe's came with a x16xe ecu. the map IS different
Mase
Premium Member

26th Nov 06 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it would be..... would the transponder and key chip from the doner car be needed aswell ??

Cheers dave

Mase
Robin
Premium Member

26th Nov 06 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed it would.
Mase
Premium Member

26th Nov 06 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers robin

Mase

New Poll