corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dear Arsenal supporter,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dear Arsenal supporter,
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
4th Dec 06 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew that Saturday's North London derby was a vital game for us. It was important for us to respond to the defeats at Bolton and Fulham and show some character. We did exactly that.

My team received a lot of criticism after those two away games but we showed a great team spirit against Tottenham. The attitude was great and for me that was even more impressive than the 3-0 win. I must concede that the turning points went for us too, which has not always been the case recently.

We were determined to beat Tottenham and we showed that for 90 minutes even when we were three up. We have had a number of good performances since the beginning of the season and on Saturday we added what brings success - that kind of determined and resilient attitude.

It was vital for us to win because our backs were against the wall and we have a very important game against Porto in the Champions League on Wednesday. If we had lost at home to Tottenham it would have been the worst possible preparation for that match.

Thierry Henry is suspended for the Porto game and as you know he missed the North London derby because of injury. I don't know when he will return at the moment. I want to sit down with him and talk about where we go when he has recovered.

The January transfer window opens soon but I can confirm that we will not sign anybody. We will go on until the end of the season with the players we have.

Against Tottenham we had Eboue, 21, Fabregas, 19, Djourou, 19, Clichy, 21, Adebayor, 22, and Van Persie, 23 - these players have the quality, they have to fight as a team and they will get results.

Thanks for your support.

Marc

4th Dec 06 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I missed the funny part
Robbo

4th Dec 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get that emailed to you Jamie???
Jamie Walby

4th Dec 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh

I dont know why I get them everyweek.

Wenger doesnt write that does he
Jamie Walby

4th Dec 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I missed the funny part

Thats becuase you are a chump
Nath

4th Dec 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should read the Watford ones from Aidy Boothroyd, they are comedy genius! The man is such a misguided fool its untrue. I'll try get hold of his latest one.
Marc

4th Dec 06 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I'm a big fat gayer

Jamie Walby

4th Dec 06 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt say that at all fatty.
Marc

4th Dec 06 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The quote never lies Jamie.

See:

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I love Man United
Jamie Walby

4th Dec 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I know you are telling lies!
Marc

4th Dec 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

4th Dec 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time to play your part
Hi everyone
YOU can win it for us!
You all know me well enough by now to know that if I’ve got something to say I will say it! We find ourselves coming into a period of games that are absolutely crucial for us to get to where we want to be in this league. My staff and players will be giving everything possible to start turning our positive performances into winning ones to push us into the top ten of this division.
My challenge now is to the other half of the team – YOU! What are you going to do to make sure we come off the pitch at the end of the game tomorrow night knowing that there was nothing more you could have done to support YOUR team over the 90 minutes?
To date, the backing at home and away games has been very good, but just as I say to my players, I want more – lots more. I don’t just want it, I demand it!
Get to the ground and take your seats as early as you possibly can and start the noise. Make it so loud that we can hear you in the dressing rooms – I can’t tell you enough what the feeling was like when we walked onto the pitch ahead of our second leg Play-Off game with Crystal Palace – it was electric and the players were so pumped up that no-one was going to get the better of us. You made that.
We are the YELLOW ARMY, so let’s hear all about it – not in short bursts but for 90 MINUTES. Stick to the rules, but make this place rock for every minute of the match.
I’ve asked recently for you to bring what you can to make noise – we are handing out some horns and tambourines to help with that tomorrow – if you get one, keep it with you and bring it back every week. This isn’t just about tomorrow, it’s about EVERY game we play here.
I want noise – break the sound barrier. For every game I want people dressing up, I want balloons, people waving flags – just make this place bounce. Any team coming here will leave knowing they’ve been to Watford on the pitch, make sure they do off it.
If someone next to you isn’t joining in with the singing, could you please have a quiet word on my behalf! There will be a slight change in the build up to the team coming out from tomorrow. Traditionally, Z-Cars has heralded the teams arrival on the pitch but I want you to do that instead. If we can hear Yellow Army being chanted while waiting to come out that will not only inspire us but will also alert the opposition that they are in for a tough ride on and off the pitch. We have to use every tactic possible to win our matches and I will leave no stone unturned to get us up this league.
I fully appreciate that Z-Cars has a special place for lots of supporters and want to make clear that we are not going to disrespect that – the only difference will be that the playing of Z-Cars now heralds the last bell for any supporters not yet in their seats to make sure that everyone is in full voice when the teams come out.
We’ve all been through a lot to get into this league, so let’s make sure now we are here we show the world what this club is about. Be loud – Be proud!
That’s enough from me – COME ON!
Come On!

Excellent
Marc

4th Dec 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one was funny.
Nath

4th Dec 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure that's his latest 'work' but its one of his funnier ones.
RyanSxi

4th Dec 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fergie doesn't do these
Robbo

4th Dec 06 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental! Don't think they should be giving out tamborines and air horns
Cosmo

4th Dec 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
The quote never lies Jamie.

See:

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I love Man United

the quotes dont lie
Nath

4th Dec 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Mental! Don't think they should be giving out tamborines and air horns

Yellow Tamberine Army

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dear Arsenal supporter, 24 database queries in 0.0148790 seconds