corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Are EM fault codes stored?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are EM fault codes stored?
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
19th Dec 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a small problem with my corsa today. Was out driving in some trafiic, was going up a small hill at around 25mph in 3rd gear. All of a sudden i lost all engine power, my rev counter dropped to zero and my EM light came on (but no others did). This lasted for around 2-3 second before the engine kicked back in and the EM light went off, after this it drove fine again. Will it have stored the code even though the EM light is now off or will it have been removed? Also, any idea what could have caused this to happen? Thanks.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Dec 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some ecu's require the eml light to be on for 30 secs to store the fault.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Dec 06 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like when you switch the keys off when your going along.

As if a battery terminal was loose and it could have lost power for a min and stopping the engine? Could have bump-started the car after? That would put the engine light on for a few seconds?

It's possible

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DarkBahamut

19th Dec 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing i dont get is that no other warning lights came on. If the engine would have stalled then retsrated surely other warning lights would have come on? Only the EM light was on when the rev counter was at 0rpm.

New Poll