corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Side-lights and dash lights stopped working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Side-lights and dash lights stopped working
Scotty C

User status: Offline
   27th Dec 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All went at once, checked all fuses apart from them big block type ones. Replaced dash light bulbs and still not working

Any ideas?
scottmmw

27th Dec 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The big block ones are called relays. I'd look for the relay which operates the side and dash lights and pull that out, it could possibly be the contact inside there has dried out and snapped off! This happenend to be with my indicators and that what it was. I soldered the contact back together and it works fine now. Hope this may help!
corsa_rob

27th Dec 06 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which lights...speedo's can be dimmed by roller under light switch like lol...i only relised this the other day! haha been driving a corsa since last november
Scotty C

28th Dec 06 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottmmw
The big block ones are called relays. I'd look for the relay which operates the side and dash lights and pull that out, it could possibly be the contact inside there has dried out and snapped off! This happenend to be with my indicators and that what it was. I soldered the contact back together and it works fine now. Hope this may help!

I tried taking the relays out, didnt seem to want to know. Didnt pull too hard as I didnt want to brake them. How will I tell if the relay has blown?

Thanks for your help

Fro

28th Dec 06 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the only way to tell is to take it out and take it apart or replace with a new/working one.

Took my flasher relay out a couple of months ago as i thought it was broken was a right pig to remove though. Alot of wiggling and pulling and removal of skin on my hand
Scotty C

28th Dec 06 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give it a try today then

Any ideas which one it is, or shall I just check all of them?

Thanks

New Poll