corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 2.0XE Inlet removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 2.0XE Inlet removal
JoeyB

User status: Offline
30th Dec 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have a possible vacuum leak on my inlet manifold somewhere.....How many people have actually removed the inlet on a 2.0 Corsa with engine in place?

Whats the easiest way to do this? We can take the engine out but I would like to know if its quicker to just drop the engine forward...

I'm scared to take the head off because i lost my last block doing that!!!
Limecat
Banned

30th Dec 06 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes fella, if you drop the front o/s mount it will come out easily.

When you say a vacuum leak do you mean from the inlet (lower n/s) through the one way valve to the servo?
JoeyB

30th Dec 06 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, we have tested that and that isnt where the leak is.

We have checked all the pipework to (and including) the ICV.

Have replaced CTS and made sure all plugs have good contacts. I'm on my second 2.0 and swapped a load of parts onto it from my last setup that was known to be OK...

But now she idles high and has a flat spot. Normally you can stall a XE by crimping the airflow to ICV....mine still manages to idle so air is getting in somewhere...only place left is pass the inlet gasket.

New Poll