corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The January Trasnfer Window Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The January Trasnfer Window Thread
Tom

User status: Offline
10th Jan 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Thats from one of your fellow fans

Is this the same person you mentioned who said we were defo signing hargreaves

TBH he sounds really special

[Edited on 10-01-2007 by Tom]
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah LOL
Marc

10th Jan 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quoted:

On the 2nd January, a 'sports lawyer' working in Manchester claimed that we'd be making two superstar signings fairly imminently for around £12M (these claims appeared on a popular United forum) and that he was working on the endorsement/image rights side of the contracts, having previously worked on Ballack's and Shevchenko's transfer to Chelsea.

Since then, he provided 'updates' from time to time regarding their identity, eventually naming them today; Barcelona's Xavier Hernandez (Xavi to most), and Bordeaux's Rio Antonio Mavuba.

Oddly enough, the story gathered momentum today too (I suspect not from the claims made by him - as the place is littered with wind-ups) with Mavuba's agent claiming that we're in for him, and Barcelona denying any ties between United and Xavi.

The 'lawyer' claims that there will be a press conference tomorrow afternoon at 3PM confirming these signings, both on four year deals.

Melville

10th Jan 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cunt must be in the masons from the sound of it
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xavi for 12m
nik

11th Jan 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple deals for us today. Signed keeper Mike Pollit who I rate and sold Micah Hyde to Peterborough for 100k - IMO a fantastic signing for a League 2 outfit. Looks like we'll be bringing in another quality midfielder and defender. Happy with Akinibiyi and Pollit so far, think we can reach play offs no problem.
nik

11th Jan 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary Teale to Derby from egg chasers Wigan 600k. Good signing.
Lukemax

11th Jan 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
think we can reach play offs no problem.

Fancy some money on that?
nik

11th Jan 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to be worth a fiver if we bring in a decent right back and central mid.
Lukemax

11th Jan 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean to say replace Wayne Thomas? I think he has been our best player this season just behind Gifton

Before Christmas i would of like a new goalie for back up to Jensen which we have, a new left and right back as Thomas is utter gash and Harley i've never liked and is still living in his glory days, a new striker to replace Gray until he comes back in Feb which we have and a new center midfielder like a Kevin Ball who can control a game!

You going to Southampton?
nik

12th Jan 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed Djemba Djemba until end of the season, could prove a decent signing for us. I think we'll bring in another decent defender and I believe that squad is good enough to reach the play offs. With Gray back soon him and Ade should get a decent amount between them.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The January Trasnfer Window Thread 24 database queries in 0.0138412 seconds