corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temperature gauge?? "NOW WITH PICS"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temperature gauge?? "NOW WITH PICS"
betrayed

User status: Offline
   1st Jan 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last night i pulled over to use the phone when i notice on my clocks my temperature gauge was on the red line!! quickly i turned car off when was on the phone thinking nothing of it turned car back on it was sitting at just over 90 which any over corsa i have owned was never really moved off 90 on the temp gauge? so when i now drive the gauge go's up and sits on the very end of the red line on the temp gauge but when i stop it go's back to normal?? what's i broke now

[Edited on 01-01-2007 by betrayed]
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x14xe btw been told it could be air lock are thermostat? were is theses on x14xe any pics are info plz thanks

[Edited on 01-01-2007 by betrayed]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Jan 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly head gasket, airlock, no water......

betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
possibly head gasket, airlock, no water......

its ok standing still just go's up with speed as soon as i pull away, but its not losing any speed

checked water its ok, weres best to look for a air lock?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Jan 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

temperature increasing with speed usually is a strong sign of head gasket failiure.

as the engine is speding up the compressed exhaust gasses escape into the cooling system and heat up the coolant rapidly.

for an airlock, run the engine up to temperature, remove the coolant bottle cap, put blowers on full in car on HOT and run it on fast idle about 2000 rpm. let the coolant bubble over the tank for a few seconds. turn off engine, replace the cap, turn off blowers and let it idle and check the fans comes on. at 100ish degrees. let the fan cool it back down and leave engine till fully cool. then top up with coolant
csweatherston

1st Jan 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was doing this...turned out to be a faulty guage sensor....
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate all have a try of that if worse comes to worse much you do head gasket for + a new rocker cover gasket while am there

+ when could i book it in your place u2u a price and date thanks dave
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
mine was doing this...turned out to be a faulty guage sensor....

hope mines the same then, last night when i was driving it was ok like on motor ways it was sitting at normal temp, but coming up to turn off's etc its was shooting straight back up in the red

only thing i have done lately is put anti freeze in and the level is ok in the tank so........? going to try daves plan of action now
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for info peps if csweatherston hadn't of said that i wouldnt have checked the wires its been sitting against the alternator DAM!!!!!!!! and just about went though the wires so is this my problem....???
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so will this have made all the fuss

theses are the wires been hitting off the alternator! one is total burnt though what's best i can do trim the wires back and reconnect them??

thanks
betrayed

1st Jan 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THIS WAS MY PROBLEM SORTED

thanks for the info people

New Poll