corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fiesta zetec s or corsa 1.4 sri

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fiesta zetec s or corsa 1.4 sri
Ben D

User status: Offline
9th Jan 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most peple will probably laugh at me when i say this BUT Have you thought about a Rover 25? They are pretty decent Motors, IIRC 1400 16v K series is 105BHP Cheaper Insurance Grp than the Sri's Ect Safer and feel a lot more comfy in my Opinion. I have Driven countless 25's & Owned a bubble 200 Before i got my Corsa B & never had a problem.

Benji
Cybermonkey

9th Jan 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benji_2k5
Most peple will probably laugh at me when i say this BUT Have you thought about a Rover 25? They are pretty decent Motors, IIRC 1400 16v K series is 105BHP Cheaper Insurance Grp than the Sri's Ect Safer and feel a lot more comfy in my Opinion. I have Driven countless 25's & Owned a bubble 200 Before i got my Corsa B & never had a problem.

Benji

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF
corsaoli

9th Jan 07 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive owner both cars i now have a zetec s i with out a doubt its the best quite nippy standard, handles, drive great.

yes the zetec s does have its niggley bit wrong with it but all round its a great car.
johnhara1

9th Jan 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive driven the fiesta and they have gr8 little revvy engines and in the dry they handle like theyre on rails but they are absolutely terrible in the wet even at low speeds IMO. I havent driven the corsa but my cousin had one (black 1.4 sri) and it was a nippy little car with loads more room than the fiesta and was much more comfortable.
corsaoli

9th Jan 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a good set of tyre on the zetec s and the wet problem is cured. my was really bad but ive put toyo proxies on and its fine.
Cybermonkey

9th Jan 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PROXIES
corsaoli

9th Jan 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO hehe that is ace
Scotty_B

9th Jan 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by benji_2k5

Benji

deano87

9th Jan 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend had a 1.4 GhiaX Fiesta and that handled really well for the 'luxury' one, so I bet the Zetec S is lovely. And who ever said it'll take ages to get to 100, the missus' 1.4 didn't take that long.

One thing I will say though, is that the Zetec engines (also found in the Ghia models) are prone to burning a lot of oil and as a result, my girlfriends is nackered, 1997 R, just over 55k miles. I had always kept the oil topped up but the owners before obviously didn't.

And because the engines are made by Yamaha iirc, the parts are like rocking horse shit and you'd look at spending from £800-£1100 for a new 1.4 engine.

She originally wanted a ZetecS but then got refused a loan, so bought the GhiaX out right - I have seen some for £3k and they are right pigs, you want to spend at least £4k but then aren't we talking Polo GTi money etc?

Personally I wouldn't touch another Fiesta with Zetec engine as you can't be sure, even though they look nicer than the Corsa imo, I'd still go for the Corsa.

Hope that helps.
Demo

9th Jan 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love my zetec-s
corsa jay

9th Jan 07 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CdiVk62J84

20-100 in a zetec s

id steer clear of any saxo, i saw my mate crash into a post at 20mph and his car was a right state, coffin cars!

deano87

9th Jan 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
i love my zetec-s

I do too. How's the engine fairing up?
corsaoli

9th Jan 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine to just sold one and brought another i love it so much
Ben D

10th Jan 07 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF

Have you or CorSRi_BT Actually owned a Rover 25? maybe instead of just laughing you should explain why its such a laughable Suggestion

Benji
mav

10th Jan 07 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMHO...Corsa c looks better than the fiesta and will look better than the fiesta with a few mods too....The speed is not that different..

Personally I would get the corsa...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fiesta zetec s or corsa 1.4 sri 23 database queries in 0.0687740 seconds