corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Possible Amsterdam trip

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Possible Amsterdam trip
CoastalCorsa

User status: Offline
27th Jan 07 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybealso i mis-worded my original statement, the journey home was not the best bit it was one of many highlights which made the trip a success.

being in a group and having a really random but excellent time made the whole adventure un-forgettable
Carl

27th Jan 07 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa

being in a group and having a really random but excellent time made the whole adventure un-forgettable

exactly, thats why i'm going. Got flights thoug so its only half an hour, much better than boating it.
mk4_astra

27th Jan 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what hotel you staying in carl?
baza31

27th Jan 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its excellent , we went and stayed in the flying pig hostel , payed abou £2 a night , was safe and clean and a superb atmosphere.

going back for my 21st in april.

the prozzies are immense. bring lots of money . I spent a fortune
ed

27th Jan 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
I dunno if id ever go, i dont smoke weed and not interested in prostitutes, according to some mates at uni it wouldnt have anything to offer me. Are they speaking the truth?
There is a lot of stuff to do other than smoke weed. Loads of things to visit
RichR
Premium Member

27th Jan 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
I dunno if id ever go, i dont smoke weed and not interested in prostitutes, according to some mates at uni it wouldnt have anything to offer me. Are they speaking the truth?

I went with the missus last year - we had an amazing time - I don't smoke weed so wasn't there for that. We actually went to go and eat at Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen " restaurant over there - which was top notch.

We stayed in an amazing hotel and had a brilliant time. There plenty to do aside from the sex and drugs sides of things; Amsterdam Dungeons being a good starting point. Theres plenty of culture and diversity as well as some stunning architecture and features.

However even if you say that you're not into hookers; I would recommend a truip through the red light district. Prostitutes over there are not like those over here - its not seedy or smutty particularly. In fact some of the prostitutes are very very attractive and its an experience. In fact the sex workers probably earn more in the industry over there than doctors/proffesionals do.

Its a really clean city and transports excellent, plus shopping facilities are good with the trams running until 1am ish.

Heineken museum is well worth a visit, 10euros and I got 3 pints in there plus the actual museum trip.

All in all I'd recommend it to couples especially, just dont believe all the stories you read, go and experience it for yourself
RichR
Premium Member

27th Jan 07 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and ps - nowhere accepts debit cards; they do work in the hole in the wall machines, but not in shops/restaurants etc so make sure you have cash or a credit card with you to pay for stuff
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Jan 07 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just booked my 3 day trip with a few mates for this summer.

Can't wait!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Danny P

27th Jan 07 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Amsterdam for the week when England played earlier this.

Had one of best weeks of my life

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Possible Amsterdam trip 24 database queries in 0.0102999 seconds