corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofer - chavvy/neddy??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author subwoofer - chavvy/neddy??
Daimo B

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve

No that is bollocks, i have 6x9's in the 106 and although they weren't setup properly when i got it, it is now, the 6x9's in my shelf are amp'd up on high pass filter so there is no bass going to them and they are very competent of producing good sound quality, then as the speaker is facing straight up to the window the sound bounces off that and sends it towards the front, again coaxials are not as good as components. i have then got coaxial's in the rear quarter pockets just to make a bit more noise.

So i have 6 speakers (components in the doors aswell) procucing treble and mid range but i only have 1 12" sub, imo a 12" sub and just a set of front door speakers would sound shit,

In your opinion, but have you actually done the setup?

The best basic system is having comps up front and a sub in the rear. And he is right in what he's saying about 6x9s. Whats the point in having 6x9's if your not going to run bass through them, just get a proper set of components.

Why do you think you don't see any of the audio manufacutres using 6x9's in their demo cars? Thye use comps and mid range speakers.

If you've done it right and chosen and positioned the front comps, the sub won't over power it. If it does, you have it up far too much.

Its not all about outright boom... MI ran two 15" Cerwin Vegas, and they ran ok with a single set of comps up front. I only ran the rears to provide some back fill to give an all round audio setup.
mwg

18th Jan 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with VXR. 6x9's are pointless, as said by others you want the music coming from the front, not from behind you Before I was wised up on ICE I used to have them in the parcel shelf with a sub in the boot and it was crap.

Got rid of the 6x9's and bought some Genesis Components and just have the sub in the boot and the sound quality is bloody good for a very simple system...

quote:
So i have 6 speakers (components in the doors aswell) procucing treble and mid range but i only have 1 12" sub, imo a 12" sub and just a set of front door speakers would sound shit, you certainly wouldn't be able to turn up the bass without totally over powering the vocals.

WTF If you spent a bit of time setting the amps up properly rather than just throwing it in then turning the bass right up then a system like that would be fine

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by Matty G]
Marc

18th Jan 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the point in adding more bass. If it needed it it would be more bassy in the first place. Adding bass to a dance song creases me

Each to their own and all that!
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

18th Jan 07 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo a well balanced system isn't 'chavvy' if its set up right. When i see a car & hear a nice clean thud/sound i think yeah thats got a nice system in, the owner probably took some time setting that up.
BUT if i see/hear a car go past rattling on every beat i think thats kinda cheap an chavvy.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
CorsaLaydee

18th Jan 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2 jl audio subs in boot and jl audio compnants in front doors and a very expensive jbl amp and some very good wiring (makes all the difference so does dynamat) i have some vibe 6x9s lying about and im really thinking about sticking them in my rear door cards, maybe bad idea i dunno lol

Also, if its for eg a nova full of young boys blaring bass, u gonna think its chavvy no matter what, if its an evo for eg, your not, fact! just the way it is! dont think its to do with quality! its what u see that counts when they just driving down the road!

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by CorsaLaydee]
thecorsaal

18th Jan 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9's are pointless FACT

mines currently 146.5db and although i spend a lot of time on my system (it helps when your mate owns a audio company ;-D) refining and what not i still find people initially think im a chav :-( when they come over to talk to me tho they soon change there opinions!

at the end of the day your car is built for your pleasure, if you like the sound of a sub then chuck one in! dont worry about what the general joe in the street or the keyboard warrior on the web says, anyone who knows anything about cars knows that a sub/amp/comps combination greatly improoves sq.

this is mine but i think im going to have a change soon

Martin_C

18th Jan 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you want it not to be loud outside then why not sound deaden you boot??? I don't think upgraded sound system is chavvy, i think it's chavvy when you get some boy with his 15" 10,000 watt sub and nothing else so all you can hear is bass, but aslong as you have enough vocals (ie components) it would sound good, and i know R12's sound good as my brother had one in his BMW. What V12 amp are you powering it with?

thats the package i bought

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-typer-pack-p-4813.html?cadid=75fd014f6fa7833fa265f2431c558c94

Wrighty

18th Jan 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got that package mate

sounds really good inside the car..hardly notice it from outside

who cares what other people think?
Martin_C

18th Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont really, just you see some folk and think, oh, i hope people dont think i'm like him

i had 2 x type r 12s, 3 x v12 amps, comps etc in my first corsa, drove about with it up full, live and learn
shane2corsa

18th Jan 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just purchased a sub myself, purely for added sound quality, im not interested in attracting any attention, i mainly listen to rock music, which gives me instant chav immunity!
mattk

18th Jan 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine will be blasting out The Darkness is that cool??

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by mattk]
Joe

18th Jan 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a sub in my car, came with it though. I do feel a pillock when i have it turned up though, but some songs just need to be louder.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofer - chavvy/neddy?? 24 database queries in 0.0153801 seconds